Ultimate Subaru Message Board

15" Rims

imguido

Do a search on the board for wheels.. this has all been covered twice a week for the past 5 years...

One thing that hasn't come up very often is that there is a guy in seattle that has made a set of adapters for peugeots. these adapters allow one to bolt on honda wheel(5 lug).. they were very expensive, he wanted $75 just to test them out, and would absolutely not give the secrets away to soob owners..

I found all this out because I happened to own a peugeot at the time

So do a search and come back here to report your findings.. then sell your acura wheels and get some pugs:D

Simply drill out some chevy 6 lugs - two of the lugs line up perfectly, and all you have to do is get a big hand drill, and punch out holes for the other two lugs. Takes about an hour. Chevy 6 lug rims can be had in white that look very similar to the original subaru white wagon wheels. They have a more "aggressive" offset, that makes em stick out a couple inches, and they look REALLY nice. They cost about $25 each from tire shops.

GD

The chevy rims offer quite a bit of availability for stuff, and are easy to work with. I've got a set from an 80's K5 blazer. What makes them so easy to work with is that they have "blanks" in them. In this pic you can see the blank area, it's already raised to allow for a seat for the lug nut.

rims.jpg

Here is what you do to get them to fit.

rims2.jpg

The stock Soob lugs are in #'s 3 and 9, the knocked out lug holes are under #'s 6 and 12, these are what you drill out. Jes get a drill bit that is the same size as the lugs, then drill the hole, then find a taper bit that is bigger than the lug, and taper the seat for the lug nut. Pretty easy to do.

The only real problem with the rims that I am useing is that the hub hole in the center of the rim is smaller than the Soob one. So I had to grind down the lugs on the hub so that the rims would fit flush. Wasn't too big of a deal, although it could be for some people. Lotsa luck to ya.