Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 Dash Covers

Hey guys, hope I'm not pointing out the obvious but there is a guy on ebay that seems to have a good stock of NEW Coverlay Dash Caps for Gen 1s

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/77-81-Subaru-Brat-Stage-II-Stand-NEW-Dash-Pad-Coverlay_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40017QQitemZ8013202274QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I bought one and just got it in the mail. Not cheap but Very well made and will make a great improvment once I install it (have to make a custom guage pod for it first) I should point out that the manufacture date is 8/05 so it is fresh, non-brittle plastic.

anyway, hope this helps

garner

Yay, thanks garner, just what I needed, well that is after I weld my tranny mounts back together, (too much power and rust in the brat)... seriously, great for this guy and you, but I personally like my dash cracks, they match the dents, rust and cavities in my lil' nasty brat, plus I can store nifty exra screws, pocket lint and used gum there, why would anyone ever want a dash cover.

maybe I should just rant to myself.

-N

P.S. I'm in the area, and will now request a tour of yer craftsmanship, but not till next week.

even though my dash isn't cracked... i'm still probably going to get one of these when i have the money to redo my interior... i don't like brown... its so... brown... and its going to start cracking... the thing is warping up around the windshield dash vents... if i touch it at all, it will probably snap in 2...:rolleyes:

so redoing me interior... black or blue... or hey maybe go nuts with black and red! or black and blue! with new seats... hmmm... ah well...

not enough money to do anything right now...

hey this is becoming a hyjack... but a question for you all... how many of you like your fake wood trim?(those of you that have it...)

i think it looks super tachy... and i was shocked to hear it was an option, and not standard material... well thats the 70's fasion sence for ya....:rolleyes: