Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gen 1 Dash Covers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 garner

garner

Brat Master Flash

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:45 PM

Hey guys, hope I'm not pointing out the obvious but there is a guy on ebay that seems to have a good stock of NEW Coverlay Dash Caps for Gen 1s

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

I bought one and just got it in the mail. Not cheap but Very well made and will make a great improvment once I install it (have to make a custom guage pod for it first) I should point out that the manufacture date is 8/05 so it is fresh, non-brittle plastic.

anyway, hope this helps

garner

#2 wagonpowaa

wagonpowaa

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Seattle, Wa

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

holy shnikies! They're $100+. I think I'm just gonna cut myself a carpet cover instead

#3 Free Range

Free Range

Chicken or the egg, hmm?

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

Yay, thanks garner, just what I needed, well that is after I weld my tranny mounts back together, (too much power and rust in the brat)... seriously, great for this guy and you, but I personally like my dash cracks, they match the dents, rust and cavities in my lil' nasty brat, plus I can store nifty exra screws, pocket lint and used gum there, why would anyone ever want a dash cover.

maybe I should just rant to myself.
-N

P.S. I'm in the area, and will now request a tour of yer craftsmanship, but not till next week.

#4 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

i used a thin coat of bondo all over the top dash in my 78.works just like a coverlay, and only cost me like $2.now it just needs spray paint:D

#5 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:20 PM

Those look fabulous.

How much was shipping?

Maybe I can get Santa to cover one for me.

#6 garner

garner

Brat Master Flash

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

if you "buy it now" shipping and handling is $5 (usps)

he also sells them auction style and if you win, shipping would of been about $18....

garner

nells, hit me up when you get in town.....

#7 maximumBRAT

maximumBRAT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Berthoud

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

The company dealerships use to get dashmats make brat ones, i got one for mine for $27 cause i worked there and got it at cost, but i think nice, custom ones are $50, and they look great, come in all colors. took 2 weeks for mine

#8 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:58 AM

even though my dash isn't cracked... i'm still probably going to get one of these when i have the money to redo my interior... i don't like brown... its so... brown... and its going to start cracking... the thing is warping up around the windshield dash vents... if i touch it at all, it will probably snap in 2...:rolleyes:

so redoing me interior... black or blue... or hey maybe go nuts with black and red! or black and blue! with new seats... hmmm... ah well...

not enough money to do anything right now...

hey this is becoming a hyjack... but a question for you all... how many of you like your fake wood trim?(those of you that have it...)

i think it looks super tachy... and i was shocked to hear it was an option, and not standard material... well thats the 70's fasion sence for ya....:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users