Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1973-7 Subaru Wanted

Ok guys, time for me to be made fun of again!

I live in CT and am looking for a 1973-7 Subaru.

Will consider anything, Coupe, Sedan, Wagon.

My first car was a yellow 73 Coupe, owned several others over the years,

and would like to "get back into it" if you will.

I have talked to Moosens several times, he's my best lead to date.

Anyone that can help, It'll be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.....Ray

Ray,Despite what my email said,that '75 is probably still available.It's sort of on hold for me,but let me talk to him about it.

I saw it geez,must be two years ago at least,and it was fairly solid,but had surface rust underside.Not really a typical CT waste,but it'll need a rotiserie job because you'll want to freshen up the underside.Solid enough rockers to work from and the unibody front horns were solid at the low curve.It was in a garage then,but I don't think it was kept indoors all of the time since,so who knows what the condensation did or didn't do.

I think we all need to meet at this guys place.Best solution.I'll make the arrangements,you guys hang tight.

He has an ff-1 wagon that runs and drives,the '75 coupe,a couple,etc. '78-9 wagons and sedans,and lots of EA81 vehicles,and right up to the Legacy.

are you willing to ship?that seems like the only way to get one around here.i just bought a brat out of Arizona, had it shipped up to NY.it was exactly $508, probly couldn`t have driven there for that much.

That price is amazing.Is it showing up at your door or do you have to pick it up?

I agree,that's the real way to go.Start with the most solid body/structure you can get.

Hi- My name is Ray. I live in Enfield, work in Windsor Locks. My first car was a 73 Coupe (and several thereafter) were 1973-1974 Subaru's. I used to have it serviced at Midtown Garage on 159, they used to be the area repair shop for Subaru's. Anyway, I am on a quest (and have been for several years) to find another. Paul (Moosens) from the board has been my best lead. He knows of a few around, but is apprehensive to share info! If you know of anything from 73-77 vintage, let me know! Glad to see there are a few of us CT guys around....enjoy your ride, I'm jealous! Good to hear from you! Ray

Hey--I'm in East Windsor, I do believe I have the only '73 Split Gate wagon in the area. Where in Enfield are you?

(Sorry, it's not for sale, but there's a thread somewhere on this forum about it, with pics.)

Nah,there really isn't too much around.The guy in E.Hampton has a few vintage Subarus.What I need to have happen is to get into our next home,which will be a house with a garage.Then I can settle up with the loose end vehicles I've had my sights on for the last few years.Basically that'd be the E.Hampton guy,some rotting 74's in an old guy's yard,a '78 or 79 wagon not far from here,and there's a couple long distance ones too.Of the close ones,only the '75 coupe is currently roadworthy and not rotted.But I last saw it at least 2 years ago,so maybe that one isn't so hot anymore either.

We'll get you hooked up.Really,the best thing to do is find a dry zone car with a 98-100% solid body and pay the man for transport.I hate to brag but I'm probably the only person with a true CT vintage Subaru.Mine was rustproofed properly when new apparently.There are some original 360's in CT but heck,those things sit in hallways and closets most of their life.

Whatever you do,just keep anything vintage Subaru away from WagonsOnly!!:lol:

Actually,although admittedly warped,we're a good little bunch of vintage Subathusiasts.And the numbers have shot up over the last two years for interest in vintage Subarus in the northeast.At one time only about 3+ years ago there was only Scotty and myself with our '78 4WD wagons.Quick northeast vintage headcount while inhibiting sleep deprivation:

Me-2 cars

Scott K-2 cars

Andrew-2 cars not counting 360's

Jesse-2 but selling one

Mary-1

Jon-rotating inventory :)

My freind in E.hampton-at least 3 cars,two are parts only so he says.

Not much else that I've heard of.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah,there really isn't too much around.The guy in E.Hampton has a few vintage Subarus.What I need to have happen is to get into our next home,which will be a house with a garage.Then I can settle up with the loose end vehicles I've had my sights on for the last few years.Basically that'd be the E.Hampton guy,some rotting 74's in an old guy's yard,a '78 or 79 wagon not far from here,and there's a couple long distance ones too.Of the close ones,only the '75 coupe is currently roadworthy and not rotted.But I last saw it at least 2 years ago,so maybe that one isn't so hot anymore either.

We'll get you hooked up.Really,the best thing to do is find a dry zone car with a 98-100% solid body and pay the man for transport.I hate to brag but I'm probably the only person with a true CT vintage Subaru.Mine was rustproofed properly when new apparently.There are some original 360's in CT but heck,those things sit in hallways and closets most of their life.

Whatever you do,just keep anything vintage Subaru away from WagonsOnly!!:lol:

Actually,although admittedly warped,we're a good little bunch of vintage Subathusiasts.And the numbers have shot up over the last two years for interest in vintage Subarus in the northeast.At one time only about 3+ years ago there was only Scotty and myself with our '78 4WD wagons.Quick northeast vintage headcount while inhibiting sleep deprivation:

Me-2 cars

Scott K-2 cars

Andrew-2 cars not counting 360's

Jesse-2 but selling one

Mary-1

Jon-rotating inventory :)

My freind in E.hampton-at least 3 cars,two are parts only so he says.

Not much else that I've heard of.[/quote hey moose this cowboy let tell me my fatherinlaw have to vints he has a 78 and i have a 81 iam restorein mine be its the daliy driver utill i get a wagon or hatch while he drive but does not restore his well hes 55 he sez he'll drive untill the motor drops out but mine is primer gray( needs paint) his rusted (mine motor 1800)his 1600 well u get it i will send pic of mine soon then i geuss u guys will put them on here....

• 2 weeks later...