Ultimate Subaru Message Board

winter beater gets some goodies .

well i have pretty harsh winters up here in canada . and i really enjoy driving in them lol . and to celebrate my first subaru for the winter it got some goodies

IM004032.JPG

IM004033.JPG

IM004034.JPG

IM004038.JPG

out side are hella 500 driing lights and the inners are hella 500 fogs , they work pretty good but need to be aimed a bit more .

yea there very stable

they dont even shake much

the bracket goes under the grille and attatches to the top of the inner bumper (there was some metal in there ) i made the bar and all that

pretty simple stuff but it was time consuning, took about 5 hours from start to finsih but im very happy with the way it turned out

i can post a how to if some people want (im a big diy guy on the honda forums )

i never have much money so i construtc alot of things

makes a big difference , ive had lots of cheap fog lights in my life and all they ever did was put out some much glare they were useless in a snow storm , i can tell already these a good quality since i tune them all on and visiosn improves lol

the driving light a wish were a bit of a wider beam but that why i went with te fogs for up close

the poor headlights dont even look like there on :brow:

I have FF1000 lights on the front of my Legacy. They do vibrate a little, but it doesn't bother me. The bar they are mounted on is bent up, and over, and attached to the radiator mount.

lightssm.jpg

Here is a photo of a car from nasioc with almost the same exact setup that I have: Here is a link to the thread on NASIOC, http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673117&page=1&pp=25&highlight=ff1000

driving_lights_open.jpg

those look nise , i wanted the 1000 but didnt have the money for 4 of them .

my bracket is very simalair but i kept the bar going into the grille as short as possible to minimize shaking . mine is only about 4 inches long

ill get some more pics today