Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well,... i cut my cap into a spoiler

i cut my cap up into a spoiler for the 78 brat.looks pretty sharp if you ask me:D here are some pics.right now it is just sitting on there, gotta bolt it down and paint it.the sawsall cut that cap like butter.if you are going to do this, make sure you cut along the line of the front of the side windows, that way it has some structural integrity.

post-2097-136027604356_thumb.jpg

post-2097-136027604361_thumb.jpg

post-2097-136027604365_thumb.jpg

post-2097-136027604369_thumb.jpg

post-2097-136027604372_thumb.jpg

if i recall correctly, on my cap, all the mounting spots are run along the bottom of the cap... how you getting that thing to stay put?

i'd hate to see that fly off on the freeway and hit some unsuspecting soccermom and her minivan...:rolleyes:

oh and hey... i think it'd look pretty slick if you had some spot lights(not big ones) going through the spoiler... have them inset into it... use a little fiberglass...

i think it'd look super sick... i wanted to do this with my cap... but i pretty much never run with the cap on... so it'd be a waste of time and money to buy lights then have them sit in the backyard... although when i need the cap its always very handy...

just a thought...:D

• 2 weeks later...

oh, just saw your reply.yea, lights would be awesome.especially if they were recessed a little.here is a pic i found with some:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/brats/bratcolors/79-white-cust.jpg

as for mounting, i left a little of the lip on the bottom, it has the 2 guides on the up section, and on the top i figured out a way to use the rain channels.i will post pics, but i think it will be pretty sturdy.now i wish i had a tonneau cover too:brow:

Jon