Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Well,... i cut my cap into a spoiler

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:04 PM

i cut my cap up into a spoiler for the 78 brat.looks pretty sharp if you ask me:D here are some pics.right now it is just sitting on there, gotta bolt it down and paint it.the sawsall cut that cap like butter.if you are going to do this, make sure you cut along the line of the front of the side windows, that way it has some structural integrity.

Attached Files

#2 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

and here is what is left of the cap:-\ now i get to have fun chopping it up with the sawsall and throwing it in garbage bags:rolleyes:

Attached Files

#3 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:08 PM

looks sharp.. i bet it would help keep wind off the passengers real good

#4 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:13 PM

now you have a wind deflector for when you decide to tow that big heavy camper behind the brat....:banana: :lol:

Just messin'.....looks great

#5 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

The rest of that cap might fit on someone's Bratch :brow:
No, I dont have one. But theres a few that do.

#6 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:59 AM

thanks for the comments guys.:)

ahh, about that cap, it kind of got cut up by a certain sawsall already:D

#7 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:10 AM

if i recall correctly, on my cap, all the mounting spots are run along the bottom of the cap... how you getting that thing to stay put?

i'd hate to see that fly off on the freeway and hit some unsuspecting soccermom and her minivan...:rolleyes:

#8 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:18 AM

oh and hey... i think it'd look pretty slick if you had some spot lights(not big ones) going through the spoiler... have them inset into it... use a little fiberglass...

i think it'd look super sick... i wanted to do this with my cap... but i pretty much never run with the cap on... so it'd be a waste of time and money to buy lights then have them sit in the backyard... although when i need the cap its always very handy...

just a thought...:D

#9 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:03 PM

oh, just saw your reply.yea, lights would be awesome.especially if they were recessed a little.here is a pic i found with some:

http://www.ultimates...-white-cust.jpg

as for mounting, i left a little of the lip on the bottom, it has the 2 guides on the up section, and on the top i figured out a way to use the rain channels.i will post pics, but i think it will be pretty sturdy.now i wish i had a tonneau cover too:brow:

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users