Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Factory Sun Roof

In addition to the hole you're going to have to cut, I believe you'll have to install a completely different wiring harness and a new dome light/control pod assembly...as well as a new headliner from the parts car...the sun shade, the tracks, a roof rack is NOT a good idea...

It would be easier to find a GL-10 with a blown engine/tranny and transplant what you want into it, as opposed to trying to move the sunroof and destroying your roof in the process. That's not something I'd be willing to let a dealer risk, even.

I'm actually talking about taking the sunroof out of the parts car I just bought (86 Turbo wagon) and putting it in my 86 GL Wagon.

I know, and that scares me even more, it's one thing if it's a brand-new aftermarket kit, intended to be installed in a hole you cut yourself (which I've seen a few that leak)....but to take an old one, out of an old car, cut a hole in your car, and put the sunroof in it....yikes!