Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lets see some carnage pics.(56K)

A DOG

I got my first carnage over the weekend. I was trying to pose on this car that was upside down. Instead of going at it at an angle to pose wheel travel, I tried to drive straight up onto it. Well my approach angle wasn't quite enough. My skidplate smacked the metal of the car and bent a wee bit. Nothin a hammer couldn't fix.

8644skidplatedamage-med.jpg

Lets see some more pics of subaru carnage. I know a lot of you got dents and scratches and scars, so lets see em.

P.S-singletrack I want to see that pic of your skidplate crunched.;)

022_G.jpg

SecondFlat2.jpg

THis was before my wagon was lifted... quite some time ago. Me and Spiffy were wheeling in Sonora and found a trail. The trail seemed to dead end, with noplace to turn around. So we were reversing up this trail with trees to both sides and granite chunks to dodge.

Needless to say, while reverse I turned avoid a rock and my front end swung into a small tree. Big enough to break my parking light and mess up my fender alittle... also took out one side of my brushguard. Then, when i did find a place with enough space to turn around, I gashed my tire on a busted up stump I thought was harmless.

That was a fun trip :)

-Brian

I got my first carnage over the weekend. I was trying to pose on this car that was upside down. Instead of going at it at an angle to pose wheel travel, I tried to drive straight up onto it. Well my approach angle wasn't quite enough. My skidplate smacked the metal of the car and bent a wee bit. Nothin a hammer couldn't fix.

8644skidplatedamage-med.jpg

Lets see some more pics of subaru carnage. I know a lot of you got dents and scratches and scars, so lets see em.

P.S-singletrack I want to see that pic of your skidplate crunched.;)

more proof that a drop block on the front of the stock skidplate is bad news.

Especially if you aren't paying attention!

I hear that!! thus far, I've not had a skidplate at all...and I've got no carnage of that sort...

closest thing was when I had my rear strut extensions cranked up to about 5", and no other diff blocks than the 1" mustache bar ones....broke a coulple rear axles that way....oops...no more problems though

That doesn't really count. Everybody knows that Ken is super-human.;)

Thanks buddy, but that's inhumane.

My point is simple. To do the kind of damage that singletrack did he was either going too fast or didn't see an obstacle in his path.(or both)

I have broken lift bolts, bent control arms and strut rods. Heck, even blew out both front tires at one time. I am not immune to breakage, but carnage, not unless I am being stupid!

my thinking is those are ore like mud collecters than skid plates...

if i was the type who had time to go play off road i would locate me some nice 3/4 to 1/2" steel plate and make some real skid plates once.. that could hold the whole weight of the car just on the off chance i did hit something

sure they would be heavy .. but hey at least you end up with a nice place to put a floor jack so you can raise the front end all at once hehe

you want carnage? this is what a tractor, some beer, a jeep (minimal role), some chain, some tires, some boredom, and a FIRE WRENCH will get you!!!

(56k NO WAY)

http://eagle.bsd.st/~dertow/2005-09-14-DAT/DSCN1386.JPG

http://eagle.bsd.st/~dertow/2005-09-14-DAT/DSCN1387.JPG

http://eagle.bsd.st/~dertow/2005-09-14-DAT/DSCN1387.JPG

http://eagle.bsd.st/~dertow/2005-09-14-DAT/DSCN1389.JPG

(p.s. sorry I know this is off-topic as it's the "OFF ROAD" forum.. but that xt6 is neither on pavement, or a driveway and it's some NASTY carnage!)

too bad I can't find pics of the honda my xt6 ate.. I still have the grill from it

Belive it or not non of mt cars had any dents wen i got them, my turbo (Blue)had a dimple about the size a dime but otherwize in perfect condition!!

2933First_dent-med.JPG

This happened the first day it ever seen a dirt road while in my posession, She hasn't seen any since!

2933riteafterroolover-med.JPG

This is my first subaru, this pic was rite after i rolled it at 60mph, i had my camer in the car the whole time but i was a bit shaken up after i rolled it and didn't think of getting a pic while she was on her side.

My budy justin posing the damage.

I allso jumped this car at 65 landing directly on it's nose almost rolling endo, Got lucky tho!

The jump crunched the front end and bent the frame beyond repair and bent the back wheel's out really bad.

No pics tho:banghead: .

Here's a pic of what she looked like about a week after my jump, "on the way to the bone yard".

2933off_to_the_bone_yard_5_-med.JPG

And here is an 83 wagon that ran and drove when i got her, got alot of good parts off of her tho.

2933Gutted-med.JPG

these 3 cars used to perefect bodies on them, Now i have a designated wagon for all that stuff, no more punishment on my 84 GL10, and no hard drivin on my RX.

~CHIM~