Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Millitary Brat?

Here read this:brat trail of terror

sounds fake.

It would be cool though, take out the passenger halo roof and have somebody stand on the seat and stick out the roof with an ak-47, mount a M-60 in the bed and have two guys in the jumpseats for hit and run assaults. (more like hit and slowly pull away assaults)

Brats rock!:headbang:

Originally manufactured in the early 1980s by Fuji Heavy Industries to carry dinner sets for Nancy Reagan

Thats funny!

The Brat, as it was once known, has left an all-terrain trail of terror all over the world.

Ken.. they're on to you..

I've dug up some CIA recon photo's of the "Bratorski" in action in Chechnya.

setin_up.jpg

Here it is being set up as a mobil missle launching pad. This is moments after it launched it's first battery of missles into Chechnya.

gravel.jpg

If only our Army had these, then it would definatly be an unstoppable force.

Shhhhhhh!!

This is suppose to be TOP SECRET!

They had been running in Steath mode so no one had seen them prior to this.

The Government wouldn't even confirm their existance after 1988.

That was the year when all production went into Official Government use and the public was no longer able to purchase them!

I'm demanding a White House investigation to find out who leaked this. Nobody shred anything until this investigation is over!

G.W.B.:drunk:

Kinda wish that I had my rollbar in. I made up a pintle mount for it, so I can mount either a M2 .50 Cal, or MK19 on the rollbar. I have a picture somewhere with me and a friend in the cab in our uniforms, with 5 guys in the bed (back when it was a fullsize bed), one on the .50 two with M240B machine guns, and two with M249 machine guns. Our ruck sacks are strapped to the hood and brushguard, and it looks real militant (would've been better if it was camo instead of black and purple). We had some down time one drill, so we went out in the field behind the armory and took the pictures. I haven't been able to find em yet, but I'll look around some more.

Hey GD, the 240B is actually manufactured by a Belgian company. It's made by the same people that brought us the 249 SAW, and is actually jes a larger version of it.

The company that makes them, Fabrique Nationale Hersta , also makes a bunch of other weopons for the military, including the M16 and all deviations of it like the M4. Some of their other cool stuff include the Five-seveN pistol, that shoots a 5.7x28cal round, and the new P90 that is in works to replace the ageing M16.

French - Belgian - isn't that the same thing?? hehehe

But ok - you have a point. My problem with it is that it doesn't seem to be very reliable, and from my cursory inspection of it (we don't have them - only 249's), seemed to be a bit heavier than the M60. I know the M60 was an old design, but why change it if it works? The M60 was shorter (I think), lighter (I think), and was extremely reliable.

The SAW - well first I wasn't happy about giving up my 60, and then they tell me I can use M16 mag's in it..... ok, fine - but at least design it so it doesn't jam with them. Ok - I understand that the feed spring in the mags isn't strong enough to feed at the rate needed by the SAW..... so SLOW DOWN THE SAW when it's using mags. Maybe the M249A1 will have this?!? I sure hope so. Would help the problem of using a 16 mag in 3 seconds too. It's bad enough that you are out of belts, but must they jam the damn thing with the emergency ammo too? You would do more damage with a 249 and a 16 mag if you fed it to them, or jamed it up their a$$.

I looked on their site.... how can the P90 replace the M16? It only has an effective range of 200m. They better not hand me that peice of dook - I'll feed it to someone. Never mind putting me in combat with it - it'll be a$$holes and elbows all the way to the rear. No way I'm going up against some crazed AK toteing arab carrying *THAT*. Crazy - simply crazy.

GD

Originally posted by Jack

did reagan really own a brat?

To answer your question, yes, it was in service on his ranch in Corodva(I think). It recently sold on EBay. And yes, a board member(Shackk) did purchase it and it will be donated to the Ronald Reagan museum.

Some other interesting info. The original bill of sale was included which had his signature. And some other stuff was included.