Ultimate Subaru Message Board

legacy LE AWD touring wagon?

Hello Subaru fans. Just wondering if anyone has a Legacy LE touring wagon. I have always wanted one of these, but they are hard to find. I think they were only made for 3 years (92-94). I want a 5 speed. I've been watching ebay, autotrader, etc for over a year with no luck. I saw a 93 LE Touring wagon, but it was an automatic. Does anyone know if they made these with a 5 speed? I think it was only available as a 5 speed in 1992, but I am not sure. does anyone here have one they would liketo talk about? share pictures? or even better, does anyone have one for sale?

They did not make a 5spd touring wagon. The numbers from subaru on production amounts are bs.

Dave and a few others have done a 5spd conversion. I've done one on my 90 sedan

www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/swap

I'd suggest checking out www.bbs.legacycentral.org

You'll find tons of info about the touring wagon and first gen legacy.

uh yeah they did bro....it was called the GT and it came w/ a 5 speed.

It's not a touring wagon. The touring wagon specifically has the turbo engine, and did not come in a five speed.

The GT was the only wagon with the raised roof, did not come with a turbo engine, and is different then the touring wagon.

I have two of them! Identical, in fact. Only 67 numbers different in the VINs. :slobber::headbang:

I've had one for 6 years: It's my baby, my favorite. Got the chance to pick up another last week for $1200. Almost in as good condition as, well, as my other one. Basically, I bought it for spare parts, but I'm having second thoughts about that. I mean, who in their right mind would essentially part out a car that rare?!? There were only about 50 of the Turbo Touring Wagon LE models made!

And Josh is right: none of them had the 5 speed. Frankly, as much as I love to drive a stick, on an every day basis the automatic is great. Very sturdy, and very responsive. (Doesn't hurt that mine has a shift kit in it :brow: )

So, my big question now is....what do I do about the '92 SVX that's also sitting in the driveway? I mean, a gal can only drive one car at a time, know what I mean? :rolleyes::D

Sigh...to become a car-a-holic at my age is, well...is a heck of a lot of fun!

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

• 2 weeks later...
I have two of them! Identical, in fact. Only 67 numbers different in the VINs. :slobber::headbang:

I've had one for 6 years: It's my baby, my favorite. Got the chance to pick up another last week for $1200. Almost in as good condition as, well, as my other one. Basically, I bought it for spare parts, but I'm having second thoughts about that. I mean, who in their right mind would essentially part out a car that rare?!? There were only about 50 of the Turbo Touring Wagon LE models made!

And Josh is right: none of them had the 5 speed. Frankly, as much as I love to drive a stick, on an every day basis the automatic is great. Very sturdy, and very responsive. (Doesn't hurt that mine has a shift kit in it :brow: )

So, my big question now is....what do I do about the '92 SVX that's also sitting in the driveway? I mean, a gal can only drive one car at a time, know what I mean? :rolleyes::D

Sigh...to become a car-a-holic at my age is, well...is a heck of a lot of fun!

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

hrmm i think we can find a home for the svx ..... MUHAHAHAAH

nipper

.. is this right??? 50?? 50 like.. in the states? * a little blown away..* anyone know the production numbers for the 1992 turbo touring wagon?

;)

That number is not correct.

The numbers subaru gives are no way near being correct. There's been at least 50 touring wagons on the legacycentral bbs.