Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Evil Evil Gremlins

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeepman775

Jeepman775

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

I am helping a friend get his subi running, however I have run into a problem. The injectors aren't getting grounded by the ecu, therefore they arent working. we have fuel pressure to the injectors and I tested all of them and they work. I think that the ecu isn't getting a signal from the crankshaft position sensor or something. I don't know where the ECU gets the input signal to tell it which injectors to open. It is thwarting my efforts to make it live again. Any help or explinations are greatly appriciated.

#2 Jeepman775

Jeepman775

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

C'mon guys you have no ideas why the ecu wouldn't be grounding the injectors at all? Or where the ecu gets the input signal for when to open the injectors?

#3 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

Just a shot in the dark (I don't know what year/engine U are working on) but if there is no CAS then it would have to get the signal from the dist. Have U checked that yet?

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,586 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

Check you camshaft position sensor and or crank sensor if you got em. Thats where the puter would get its timing input from. Do you also have spark? If you dont thats why.

nipper

#5 Island Roo

Island Roo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Quadra Island

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

try a different disty,dont install it, just plug it in, ground the disty housing and spin it while checking the coil wire for spark, and just a silly question: you have checked if the disty rotor is spinning while cranking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users