Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody remember ORSA?

Was thinking of ressurecting it Ken. Seems like the off-road subaru craze has never been bigger than it is now.

You were close Irishman. It actually stands for Off Road Subarus of America. Used to be Off Road Subarus of Alaska, its a small club I came up with back when I was in highschool. Dreamin of wheelin lifted subarus, never to know what would have become. So here we are now, with more lifted subies than you can shake a stick at... and i was thinking ORSA would be a good way to give us Off Road Subaru drivers a type of club of our own.

-Brian

Was thinking of ressurecting it Ken. Seems like the off-road subaru craze has never been bigger than it is now.

You were close Irishman. It actually stands for Off Road Subarus of America. Used to be Off Road Subarus of Alaska, its a small club I came up with back when I was in highschool. Dreamin of wheelin lifted subarus, never to know what would have become. So here we are now, with more lifted subies than you can shake a stick at... and i was thinking ORSA would be a good way to give us Off Road Subaru drivers a type of club of our own.

-Brian

sounds good , organized events and competition would be a good thing

Wow, talk about stepping into the way back machine. Is it bad that I was going to reply with "of Alaska" rather than "of America".

What year did ya move down from Alaska Brian?? Was definatly a while ago.

(psst, Tony, you need an "Off Road Subaru"!!)

I got the wagon! It's 4WD:drunk: No, really. it's lookin' like I will be building that for off-road after all:rolleyes: Shelly has YET to drive it even once.

America would be all of Northern America... so Canada and even Mexico are included.

It really wouldnt be much more than what we already have here... except it would be all off-road subaru oriented. Would be nice to have a ORSA event instead of just a standard meet-n-greet, that way people who show up know what they're going to get involved in. I dunno tho, just thinking..

Oh... AND WHO MOVED THE POST!?!?!? Is this post not "Off Road" related enough? I see no need for it to be in the meet and greet forum, I would apreciate it if it were moved back.

-Brian

p.s. Adam, i KNEW you'd remember :) Other than you, i dont think there are any original ORSA Members around. BillyC was one of them, and I cant remember who else was around back then. Its been 5 years since I lived in alaska... and ORSA was formed when i was 17... im 25 now :)

I feel ya LosDios... I dont have anyone to wheel with either. Im thinking this would be a good way to organize all of us lifted subaru guys, and help us locate other wheelers and for you guys to get together and do some wheelin. There are some lifted guys, believe it or not, who dont even come to the USMB. Maybe this will help them get together with others. I myself have no ORSA'ers near me either.... if I wanna go do some wheelin I gotta drive 2 hours north to Reno.

-Brian