Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suspension experts help please...

Guest rXSNRG

Guest rXSNRG

My RX is pushing bad through corners (as tested on tarmac). I think it always has but seems worse now. I have slightly stiffer springs in the back (+8.45%). I also changed to 20mm sway bars front and rear from 18mm and 16mm repsectivley. Would a smaller rear bar help the "pushing", should I go back to the 16mm in the back? Any other low budget suggestions?

Thanks

Guest crimefyter

I know a little about suspension tuning and it seems to me that front wheel drive vehicles do better with a stiffer rear sway bar, slightly higher pressure in the front tires and a little lower pressure in the rear. Experiment with air pressure. Leave the 20 mm sway bar in back and put back the factory 18 mm in front and see what that does.

Check back with us on the results.

Bill

Guest E Zap

We had that same problem with the RX we used to race in the RallyX. rump roast end never wanted to come around. I'd say that your front one is too thick, go bact to the one you had, or try it without one and see if that is indeed what helps or hinders.

When I upgraded the rear sway bar in my impreza from a 13 to a 20, the rump roast end responded accordingly. Gets sideways when I want it to, the feel is very predictable as to when the rear will break loose. Before that, it wanted to drift all four in corners, the front was very "pushy".

(our cure for the RX was to get rid of it) :lol:

Guest rXSNRG

I aired the tires to the max inflation in the front and it REALLY helped (gravel and pavement). I also dropped to the 19mm front bar and can go to the 18mm or even 16mm if needed...

Thanks for the input:)