Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Suspension experts help please...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rXSNRG_*

Guest_rXSNRG_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:30 PM

My RX is pushing bad through corners (as tested on tarmac). I think it always has but seems worse now. I have slightly stiffer springs in the back (+8.45%). I also changed to 20mm sway bars front and rear from 18mm and 16mm repsectivley. Would a smaller rear bar help the "pushing", should I go back to the 16mm in the back? Any other low budget suggestions?
Thanks

#2 Guest_crimefyter_*

Guest_crimefyter_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2003 - 11:21 PM

I know a little about suspension tuning and it seems to me that front wheel drive vehicles do better with a stiffer rear sway bar, slightly higher pressure in the front tires and a little lower pressure in the rear. Experiment with air pressure. Leave the 20 mm sway bar in back and put back the factory 18 mm in front and see what that does.

Check back with us on the results.

Bill

#3 Guest_rXSNRG_*

Guest_rXSNRG_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:35 AM

I'll try that, I did lower the tire pressure a bit for the dirt track.

#4 Guest_E Zap_*

Guest_E Zap_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:49 AM

We had that same problem with the RX we used to race in the RallyX. rump roast end never wanted to come around. I'd say that your front one is too thick, go bact to the one you had, or try it without one and see if that is indeed what helps or hinders.

When I upgraded the rear sway bar in my impreza from a 13 to a 20, the rump roast end responded accordingly. Gets sideways when I want it to, the feel is very predictable as to when the rear will break loose. Before that, it wanted to drift all four in corners, the front was very "pushy".

(our cure for the RX was to get rid of it) :lol:

#5 Guest_rXSNRG_*

Guest_rXSNRG_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:49 PM

I aired the tires to the max inflation in the front and it REALLY helped (gravel and pavement). I also dropped to the 19mm front bar and can go to the 18mm or even 16mm if needed...
Thanks for the input:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users