Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northern Nevada Meet - Moonrocks

Lets get out and wheel THIS SUNDAY November 20th. I'm in, Subieman is in. Thesubarujunkie is most likely gonna make it. We're taking his wagon for the FINAL FINAL time. I'm bringin the videocamera and we're takin lots of footage and pics. NV Zeno, are you in?

Lets get out and wheel THIS SUNDAY November 20th. I'm in, Subieman is in. Thesubarujunkie is most likely gonna make it. We're taking his wagon for the FINAL FINAL time. I'm bringin the videocamera and we're takin lots of footage and pics. NV Zeno, are you in?

Yeah! Yeah! I'm in..I'll just postpone my quickie weekend down in Vegas for a few days.

Let's try and get together early..DST is over, and it's been getting dark (and cold) around 4:30 or so.

Hey TSJ, mind if I scavenge a few parts off your wagon after we're done?

Hey guys,

Where the heck are the "moon rocks"? I'm thinkin' I might be able to sneak away with my sons car......:brow:

NV

The Moon rocks are out in the backside of Red Rock towards pyramid Lake. If you wanna make it, you could meet TheSubaruJunkie In town as he's comin through and hook up with the rest of us. NV Zeno is also comin from Carson, maybe you could meet as well. Otherwise let me know, I can give you directions to my place. (Its easy to get to) If Brian is gonna be at the wagon at 10, maybe we should all be at my place by then eh? It sounds like a plan.

Im going to try to be on the road out of town by 7:30-8a at the latest. If all goes well with the RX that will put me at Jibs place around 10-10:30. Depending on traffic, construction, a sudden weekend snow storm... etc..

We should be able to get a fair amount of wheelin in before it gets too cold out. I know JB will be hating the drive home if we had to do it in the dark :lol:

Dave, if we have enough time we might be able to start pulling stuff. I wanna try to get on the road to be home by 7pm, which means leaving Reno around 4:30-5.

-Brian

Yeah, Scolari's is on Lemmon Drive. If'n you don't wanna drive to Jeremy's and then drive back the other way call me at (775) two19-6443 and I can meet you at the Shell Station at Red Rock. My place is on the other side of the freeway at that exit. Its the exit before Cold springs.

So is that where we are meeting? The Shell station? I think thats a pretty easy landmark to meet at. I can still drive up to your place and help brian get his wagon runnin. I guess timing all depends on when Brian arrives. All of us locals can meet at 10... but Brian... well you know how he is. hehe :grin:

Do any of you have a GPS? I think geocaching would be something fun to do in the future. Read up here.

Just a thought. Judging from the pic that Jibs posted from Moonrocks, I'm figuring on "airing down" my tires while we're there. It would be nice if we had one of those portable air compressors to restore tire pressure before hitting the road home.

Any of you guys have one of those we can bring along?

Meeting at Shell/Red Rock at 10 AM sounds good for me.

I have a portable compressor.

I will also be driving straight to Jibs house, the shell station is a good meeting place, i need gas in the wagon anyhow.

Today on the way to work my RX was burning oil REALLY bad :( I dont think its severe like a piston or rings... but i hope I can figure it out before 7am tomorrow.

-Brian

C'mon, you know we'll get some pix of "someone's" stock wagon up there:brow: .

Oh geez.....why do I get the feeling that if I show up I'll be the only one in a stock Roo?:rolleyes: No lift, street tires, guess I'd just have to rely on my sweet off-road driving skills.... gosh! Looks like I'm gonna try and sneak up and meet you guys at the Sheel station.

And I've got a GPS.

NV

Yeah BigBlue, c'mon up..we'd like to meet ya. Don't worry about being the only stocker there, I'm practially the king of stock. As long as you're not concerned about a few scratches, you'll be fine..not sure if there are any bushes around to "buff" my paint job anyway:lol: :lol: .

Please feel free to PM one of us for our phone numbers, in case you cancel/are late/have broken down.

yeah, don't be afraid to come stock, its seriously not too bad. It'll probably be better to air down, but is the compressor won't work for alll our cars I'm not too worried. Its a ways to the nearest gas station too, so I won't mind running street air pressure.

BTW: anyone remember Scrub2k? He's gonna meet us too.:)