Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aftermarket wheels/tires for 1994 Legacy non-turbo.

So, here's the deal. I want to get rid of the crappy 14in steel wheels and replace them with aluminum 15 inchers of the same size as were used on the 94 Turbo. I'm assuming that I can use a lower profile tire and not have to recalibrate my speedometer (not like I pay much attention to it anyway! lol). Would this work in theory, and if so, any suggestions on nice looking ones. I hate rice, so bling bling is out.

I've been looking for some 95+ Legacy GT wheels. If you can find a wrecked one with good condition wheels, that might be your ticket. They are 16" multispoked (18 spokes??), and look sweet on the later model Legacy GT's. AND they will look just as good on a 90-94! Check this out!

left_side_1.jpg

ScoobySchmitty:banana:

Originally posted by ringe

I'm assuming that I can use a lower profile tire and not have to recalibrate my speedometer (not like I pay much attention to it anyway! lol).

Find someone with a GPS receiver ... place it on the dash while you drive and you'll see exactly how far off your spedo is.

jw

milwaukee

Originally posted by applegump

I got some gold 16 inchers from a wrecked impreza with no problems. Looks cool too:D

Do you get any wheel rub when you crank full over on the steering wheel, or do you have sufficient clearance?