Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I see this today when I get to my car......

i=wMTEzMjQyOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

I have no idea where it happened. I made a few stops last night so it had to have happened at one of them, but It doesn't seem likely due to where I parked. Really could have only been at 2 places, out of 6 stops. So day 6 of ownership this is what I got. Any suggestions on how to fix. Could i just take the bumper off and "pop" it back out. Is the silver, paint or vinyl?

I am a fleet mechanic so I face this all the time.Use a heat gun.Usually the type to strip paint with.Heat from the inside if you can.(May have to take it off the car).Heat around the area itself so you dont concentrate heat in one spot too much as you could warp the plastic.Use something to apply pressure to it while you are heating it to pop it back into place.Hope this helps.

greatly appreciated. I think I am going to hold off until winter is over, since bumpers and winters don't usually get along. Its too cold to work on cars anyways, I don't even do oil changes in the winter. The one and only time valvoline will get my $35 for an oil change.

pop it out NOW,IF YOU WAIT it will not come out very well,you can buy the color for the bumper[factory color] in a spray can at your local auto paint supplier. i guess at this time feel lucky they wasnt about 3 inches higher,real bummer,headlights are high.

fixed, well as good as its gonna get....The flash makes it look worse then it is, but I'm happy with it. Well, happier then 4 days ago. It was super easy, just needed to take the grill and headlight out. I heated it up with a hair dryer and it poped back out pretty easy once warm. The top of the original dent is still bumped up - and there is no fixing it. Thanks for the help

i=wMTEzNDAyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

i=wMTEzNDAxNDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx