Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ultimate in stupid questions! ***FIXED***

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 toadleyb

toadleyb

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Rutland

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

I feel like such a maroon! I have been playing with fixing my reverse lights today (got em working!). In the process I pulled the shifter boot to see if I could get at any wires, I couldn't. I finally got the back up lights working. My problem is I can't get the *!@#&%*# shifter boot back on! Is there some trick I am missing. I get the thing back to where it seems like it is on and as soon as I pull the shifter back into second the whole thing comes out!

I am extremely frustrated cause it should be such a simple thing. Is there something I am missing??

Help! :banghead:

#2 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:51 PM

if you look at the bottom of the boot,there should be some holes around the edge (the part of the boot that goes under the molding panel that surrounds the shifter)

now if you look under the panel,you should see some plastic molded pins (that are attached to the panel)

you need to make sure the pins are going through the holes.they hold the boot from slipping out from the panel.

did this help ?

#3 toadleyb

toadleyb

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Rutland

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

Hopefully. I gave up for tonight will try again tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Todd

#4 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Hopefully. I gave up for tonight will try again tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Todd

no prob.hope it works out.

#5 toadleyb

toadleyb

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Rutland

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:11 AM

Ya know it pays to get a good nights sleep and go back to a problem. The boot goes on much better if you do it right. I was trying to tuck the boot inside the hole in the body. I went and looked at it this morning and realized it stretches around the outside! Works great when done right.

Thanks for the help!

Todd

#6 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:27 AM

glad you were able to get it taken care off.nothing worse then when something simple like a shift boot gives you trouble.

been there,had that happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users