Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cooling hose

Hi Everybody,

I have subaru gl-10 89 2WD Turbo and need to replace thine black hose going from thermostat somewhere in the middle of the engine. (Like under the turbo or something) The access is insane. Thermostat site is OK. but the other end is totaly screwed up. Look's like I have to take engine apart or something. Could someone tell me what exactly I have to do to replace the hose.

Thank you so much.

Kristian

the coolant line is the skinny hose off the bottom of the thermostat housing and it goes to the top of the block.

if you are referring to the hose off the black part that is an air hose and it goes under the intake plenum (part with "turbo" cast into it) you can take up the plenum by loosening the hose clamps on both sides

once you take that up you can access the coolant hose that runs af=cross to the top of the turbo

turbowatrerhose.jpg

HI, I'm talking about black cooling house which goes from thermostat under the Turbo. Should I loose just those two clamps? I can see many things in my way. Looks like it's not easy to fix.

Could you write me more about that. Thank you

Kristian

the coolant line is the skinny hose off the bottom of the thermostat housing and it goes to the top of the block.

if you are referring to the hose off the black part that is an air hose and it goes under the intake plenum (part with "turbo" cast into it) you can take up the plenum by loosening the hose clamps on both sides

once you take that up you can access the coolant hose that runs af=cross to the top of the turbo

turbowatrerhose.jpg

the picture shown above is withthe plenum removed. you dont have to take off the air filter boot or anything like that

with the aluminum turbo plenum taken up you will have access to the air hose, the coolant hose, and the throttle cable, and ecu temp sensor

just take up the 2 hose clamps. the plenum will still be connected to the air hose on the black piece aboce the thermostat housing, you can either take off the hose or just swing the plenum out of the way

OK, thank you for info. I just saw the ther answer and they did make everything very difficult so I was very confused about that.

Thank's now

K.

the picture shown above is withthe plenum removed. you dont have to take off the air filter boot or anything like that

with the aluminum turbo plenum taken up you will have access to the air hose, the coolant hose, and the throttle cable, and ecu temp sensor

just take up the 2 hose clamps. the plenum will still be connected to the air hose on the black piece aboce the thermostat housing, you can either take off the hose or just swing the plenum out of the way