Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Official Camber Plate Thread

WJM

• 3 months later...

I installed Tein camber plates (PAS12-31PFR from subarupartsoutlet.com) onto my 88 GL-10 wagon w/ air suspension. I didn't order the Tein M12 nuts so I used some M12x1.25 'mag' lug nuts like WJM did; I suspect the Tein nuts would have worked as well. I was able to reattach the air line without any problem, and there was enough clearance to push the strut all the way in. I think that gave me about 2 deg more negative camber so it should be about -0.8 deg right now.

they adjust camber, the angle the suspension is on from left to right, or the angle that the tire contacts the ground, (although forza isnt the best of simulators, they do have very in depth descriptions) :lol: you can make a car hug, or slide on the road with adjustments of camber. and tire heat and tire life and you can also make it look really racerish if you give the rears lots of negative camber!!!! and also ruin your tire life completely.

Looks good

I want camber plates

... and remote reservoir shocks :grin:

• 1 year later...

all the pictures are gone....can they be reposted? I am trying to figure out what you guys are talking about. I want to try and put the legacy suspension into a loyal, and I think that is what this thread is loosely about. Please correct me if I am wrong. would love to not have the body roll in corners...I know the XT6 knuckles and sway bar could help and am planning on that.

I am attempting to build a wagon for the snow and am wondering if this would modification would help the handling in the snow and slick conditions?

Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Back from the dead!

Anyway I put the new Whiteline Com C mounts in a few months back. Very nice.

image_01_600.jpg

They are slightly too large to fit through the hole in the body, but I just put them on and snugged the nuts down. It's about 10mm from sitting flat. They haven't loosened up.

I also drilled the subframe to move the lower control arm outward.

all the pictures are gone....can they be reposted? I am trying to figure out what you guys are talking about. I want to try and put the legacy suspension into a loyal, and I think that is what this thread is loosely about. Please correct me if I am wrong. would love to not have the body roll in corners...I know the XT6 knuckles and sway bar could help and am planning on that.

I am attempting to build a wagon for the snow and am wondering if this would modification would help the handling in the snow and slick conditions?

Thanks again.

does anyone still have these pictures?

words dont tell whats needed

pleasr guys

dont make me design them myself =)

Yeah, it would be great to understand fully the way the plates mounted up. We need PICTURES.

Camber plates:

262520411_wZwy7-S.jpg

Replaces the strut top.

EJ tops will work in an EA82 car by slightly opening up the 3 holes in the strut towers.

DSCF0650.jpg

Stock EJ strut on my '89 XT6. You can see how close the bolt pattern is.

5-lug swap will allow camber adjustment at the knuckle, plenty to solve that dreadful EA82 handling. Camber plates AND a 5-lug swap really only necessary for dedicated track use.

Sorry if I missed it, but is this adaptable at all to a 2-bolt strut mount EA81?

Get your drill out.

Thanks Chucks for the pictures and explanation. I'd love to do that some time, but for now I'm going to keep on the EA82 path (no 5 lug swap). I like my AA rims. So, I'm looking for camber options with the 4" SJR setup.

I think with the bulkiness of the factory stuff, they won't fit into an EA81 as the strut tower is a hair too small. You can always modify the towers to make them bigger to fit the stock EJ stuff in there. The only reason why coilovers fit is because of how thin they are in comparison to the factory EJ struts.

I'm wanting to modify the strut towers on my RX so I can sit the car a little lower in the front.

I think with the bulkiness of the factory stuff, they won't fit into an EA81 as the strut tower is a hair too small. You can always modify the towers to make them bigger to fit the stock EJ stuff in there. The only reason why coilovers fit is because of how thin they are in comparison to the factory EJ struts.

I'm wanting to modify the strut towers on my RX so I can sit the car a little lower in the front.

The spring plate doesn't fit on a stock ej strut, that hit's the towers when turning (I tried to run them in the brat at first, but decided the coilovers were a better choice) The mounts themselves (or at least the ones on my coilovers) fit no problem, and they look like they could even be a bit bigger and still work. It's just challenging to run the EJ stuff in an ea81 mostly because the control arms take a different ball joint so that will have to be modified either by changing the ball joint taper in the existing control arms, or by moving the control arms back and using XT6 control arms.

5-9.jpg