Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

snow tires

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:22 PM

hey what snow tires do you guys use on your stock 13in wheels. im considering a set. please move this thread if its not fit for this part of the forum.

i got a set of used snow tires last winter that worked good..but i sold that car with the tires on it. my room mate had a set of Nokian studded tires that were sweet.

#2 myfinalcoffinx

myfinalcoffinx

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • SF

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:00 AM

I had the Goodyear Ultra Grips. I LOVED them. Loved 'em so much in fact that I used them year round-- two sets of them in three years (8 tires x $45... you do the math) I can't afford that anymore...

I had a set of 175/70/13 and a set of 185/70/13. Both on the stock wagon wheels. Oh man, I loved those tires...

hey what snow tires do you guys use on your stock 13in wheels. im considering a set. please move this thread if its not fit for this part of the forum.

i got a set of used snow tires last winter that worked good..but i sold that car with the tires on it. my room mate had a set of Nokian studded tires that were sweet.

#3 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:34 AM

I've used the Cooper WeatherMaster S/T2 (unstudded) for years, great traction, good life and affordable. I just bought a set of 195/60R15 for the T-Leg at $47.00 a piece.

Posted Image

Gary

#4 95 super subbie

95 super subbie

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • mansfield

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:45 AM

go with the cooper weather master st2we sell a lot at the gas station that i work at

#5 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:57 AM

I've run Yokohama Guardex K2 F720s, unstudded, and (what I currently have) Hankook Zovac WP401s, studded. Loved both. Sadly, the Yokos aren't being made anymore.

Here's the Hankook tread pattern:
Posted Image

#6 Chris W.

Chris W.

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Boise County

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:24 PM

I used 185/70r13 eurowinters from les schwab for four seasons, really liked
them alot! Last winter was thier last, and I ran them all spring, summer,
and fall until they were bald....

Had a set of new 165/80r13 goodyear ultra grips given to me (free is good right?) and I'm still geting used to them, there doesn't seem to be nearly
as much traction as my old tires had. I don't think the goodyears are big
enough for my 93 Loyale.
I'll probably go back to the eurowinters next year, however those coopers
look pretty good too.

Cheers,
Chris

#7 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,945 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:52 PM

I use the Cooper weather mater plus but sadly they are discontinued.. luckily I still have another winter or two of tread life if I remove them in late Feb. What I don't like about them is that I got the 185/80/13s. I like the extra clearance and the overall look, but they feel a little unstable on coners.. So the next set of tires I get will be closer to stock.

#8 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:31 PM

I use to run the WeatherMaster Plus, the S/T2 is the replacement and the traction is as good or better.

Gary

#9 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,094 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:20 AM

I run Nokian Hakkipellita tires. I forget if I have the 10's or the 1's... one is slightly better than the other but they both are great!

#10 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,945 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

Aside from mine being studded the wintermaster plus do double duty for little ud fun so that is anotherfactor for me... they gotta have deep lugs (well deep for street tires anyway)

#11 wesley willis

wesley willis

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • port alberni, bc, canada

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:07 AM

I've run Yokohama Guardex K2 F720s, unstudded, and (what I currently have) Hankook Zovac WP401s, studded. Loved both. Sadly, the Yokos aren't being made anymore.

Here's the Hankook tread pattern:
Posted Image

i had those zovacs, they were excellent.

#12 RONAN

RONAN

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Cincinnati

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

I just bought a set of Blizzaks for my Loyale.

#13 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users