Ultimate Subaru Message Board

snow tires

hey what snow tires do you guys use on your stock 13in wheels. im considering a set. please move this thread if its not fit for this part of the forum.

i got a set of used snow tires last winter that worked good..but i sold that car with the tires on it. my room mate had a set of Nokian studded tires that were sweet.

I had the Goodyear Ultra Grips. I LOVED them. Loved 'em so much in fact that I used them year round-- two sets of them in three years (8 tires x $45... you do the math) I can't afford that anymore...

I had a set of 175/70/13 and a set of 185/70/13. Both on the stock wagon wheels. Oh man, I loved those tires...

hey what snow tires do you guys use on your stock 13in wheels. im considering a set. please move this thread if its not fit for this part of the forum.

i got a set of used snow tires last winter that worked good..but i sold that car with the tires on it. my room mate had a set of Nokian studded tires that were sweet.

I used 185/70r13 eurowinters from les schwab for four seasons, really liked

them alot! Last winter was thier last, and I ran them all spring, summer,

and fall until they were bald....

Had a set of new 165/80r13 goodyear ultra grips given to me (free is good right?) and I'm still geting used to them, there doesn't seem to be nearly

as much traction as my old tires had. I don't think the goodyears are big

enough for my 93 Loyale.

I'll probably go back to the eurowinters next year, however those coopers

look pretty good too.

Cheers,

Chris

I use the Cooper weather mater plus but sadly they are discontinued.. luckily I still have another winter or two of tread life if I remove them in late Feb. What I don't like about them is that I got the 185/80/13s. I like the extra clearance and the overall look, but they feel a little unstable on coners.. So the next set of tires I get will be closer to stock.