Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

First post in new gen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EA82Turbo

EA82Turbo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Nelson, New Zealand

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

Hi all :)

This is my first post on the new gen forum. Finally sold my Leone and got a Legacy.

Ok, So I have brought a 1989 Legacy RS. It is a rally car with many handling mods but has a pretty standard engine.

Currently the engine has a modified wrx RA computer running 13psi, wrx ra inlet manifold with 5th injector and 3" exhaust turbo back (no cats). It seems to go OK, should be around 300Hp.

What mods should I look at next?
Injectors?
Fuel pump?
Fuel rails?
air-to-air intercooler? are these better than standard water-to-air?
Pod (K&N) air-filter?
BOV?
Are there any decent improvements you can do to spark?

Also, I was thinking of changing to air-to-air intercooler and fitting a later model WRX bonnet to scoop to blow onto intercooler. Is it worth it? What year WRX intercooler/scoop combo would be best? Can the air escape behind the intercooler?

Thanks for all your help. Sorry about all the questions

Cheers
Hayden

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,582 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

Sounds like you have a pretty decent setup as is. The AWIC setup is pretty good. Unless you want to put a front mount intercooler in, I'd stick with the AWIC setup. You could add just water and redline water wetter instead of an antifreeze/water mix. That will help improve the heat transfer capabilities.

I'd suggest checking out www.rslibertyclub.org/forums & www.bbs.legacycentral.org Tons of info there on mods and other goodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users