Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all :)

This is my first post on the new gen forum. Finally sold my Leone and got a Legacy.

Ok, So I have brought a 1989 Legacy RS. It is a rally car with many handling mods but has a pretty standard engine.

Currently the engine has a modified wrx RA computer running 13psi, wrx ra inlet manifold with 5th injector and 3" exhaust turbo back (no cats). It seems to go OK, should be around 300Hp.

What mods should I look at next?

Injectors?

Fuel pump?

Fuel rails?

air-to-air intercooler? are these better than standard water-to-air?

Pod (K&N) air-filter?

BOV?

Are there any decent improvements you can do to spark?

Also, I was thinking of changing to air-to-air intercooler and fitting a later model WRX bonnet to scoop to blow onto intercooler. Is it worth it? What year WRX intercooler/scoop combo would be best? Can the air escape behind the intercooler?

Thanks for all your help. Sorry about all the questions

Cheers

Hayden

Sounds like you have a pretty decent setup as is. The AWIC setup is pretty good. Unless you want to put a front mount intercooler in, I'd stick with the AWIC setup. You could add just water and redline water wetter instead of an antifreeze/water mix. That will help improve the heat transfer capabilities.

I'd suggest checking out www.rslibertyclub.org/forums & www.bbs.legacycentral.org Tons of info there on mods and other goodies.