Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Valve cover rocker gasket(LH/RH)......

bella

Very easy to do. Unhook any PCV hoses, remove the 10mm bolts, pull off valve cover. No adjustments needed. The torque spec is very low for the bolts beacause of the rubber washers.

I don't know about oil loss, but I would like to know and will soon find out. Do the job with the engine cold to minimize oil loss.

--Ed

Very easy to do. Unhook any PCV hoses, remove the 10mm bolts, pull off valve cover. No adjustments needed. The torque spec is very low for the bolts beacause of the rubber washers.

I don't know about oil loss, but I would like to know and will soon find out. Do the job with the engine cold to minimize oil loss.

--Ed

Thank you verry much.:drunk:

On my loyale, there were four bolts on the passenger side cover and five on the driver side. Access to the fifth one (underneath) was very limited so you just have to be patient with removal and installation of that bolt.

Torque is a non-issue as the bolts and rubber washer things are designed to be screwed in until you hit all stop. I used no sealants. Clean up the covers and all mating surfaces until near perfect. Been four years. No leaks.

On my loyale, there were four bolts on the passenger side cover and five on the driver side. Access to the fifth one (underneath) was very limited so you just have to be patient with removal and installation of that bolt.

Torque is a non-issue as the bolts and rubber washer things are designed to be screwed in until you hit all stop. I used no sealants. Clean up the covers and all mating surfaces until near perfect. Been four years. No leaks.

Thanks man you too:banana:

Another request please.

Here in Romania is very possible to buy from store a wrong spare because.....I don't now:banghead::-\.So can anyone post a scheme or a picture on how is looks like this gaskets????

I'll appreciate allot.

Thanks guys.

They are rubber, a few mm thick, same shape as valve cover outline. The side toward the front of the engine has an arch (or hill, or half circle).

If you have the front of the car jacked up to do the job, any oil that comes out will be from the bottom rear corner. Just place a towel or rag there as you remove the cover.

They are rubber, a few mm thick, same shape as valve cover outline. The side toward the front of the engine has an arch (or hill, or half circle).

If you have the front of the car jacked up to do the job, any oil that comes out will be from the bottom rear corner. Just place a towel or rag there as you remove the cover.

Thanks and hope you will solve the shaking problem.

Another request please.

Here in Romania is very possible to buy from store a wrong spare because.....I don't now:banghead::-\.So can anyone post a scheme or a picture on how is looks like this gaskets????

Thanks guys.

Hi Bella,

I've just found your post.

Check out this site: www.rockauto.com

Pick the right vehicle type.

When you get to the gaskets (keyword "Valve cover") there should be a button "More info" or something like this. Click on it and in the separate window you'll see the image of the gaskets.

A week ago I bought a set for $11.00 + shipping.

As far as I know they ship overseas too. I don't know if they accept Romanian currency.:)

Good luck!!!