Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Block Heater

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2000outback

2000outback

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • maynooth

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:55 AM

This is my first winter with my 2000 Outback and I'm wondering if the car would have been built with a block heater as all North American cars sold in Canada are.If so where would I look for the cord.BTW I haven't looked for it at all yet as my wife has it most of the time.

#2 fnlyfnd

fnlyfnd

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:59 AM

It would be by the front bumper, in betwwen the fog lights prolly on the right side, a plug is what you are looking for. I just got to use mine last night/ this morning. Its awesome, barely even noticed the cold morning tick, and the heat was warm within the first minute of driving!!!!

#3 gsp4

gsp4

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:12 AM

I recently installed Block Heater on my 2004 Outback 4Cly. Subaru has an $89.99 fall special. I put a timer on it, and its working great. I reside in Richmond Hill, ON. So it gets realy cold out here.

good day,

gsp

#4 2000outback

2000outback

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • maynooth

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:57 AM

I recently installed Block Heater on my 2004 Outback 4Cly. Subaru has an $89.99 fall special. I put a timer on it, and its working great. I reside in Richmond Hill, ON. So it gets realy cold out here.

good day,

gsp

Well I live about 150 miles north of you so I know all about cold.

#5 vic/se

vic/se

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • montreal, qc- canada

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

I intalled myself one (very easy to do) I think I paid $34 at the counter ..........you even have instructions

#6 W1HFN

W1HFN

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • North America

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

Could someone who has an Ohm meter and knows how to use it, measure the resistanc of the block heater (one that works, obviously) at the AC plug.
NOT while it is plugged in the wall socket; have to say that for the lawyers out there. I know what the value should be using Ohm's Law, but want an actual measured value.
THANKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users