Ultimate Subaru Message Board

maf to turbo tube broke, repair or replace?

hardware store would be the cheapest fix, just dont use the plastic pvc bits near the turbo itself, they will work for a few runs, but then start warping and melting.

i ended up using a peice of threaded steel pipeing about 2" in diameter and 2" in length to connect the hose on the turbo to the rest of my intake. i havent ad any melting issues since.

if you must ge the stock part, the dealer will be happy to hunt one down for something like $60 or so. at least from my expiriance, ive gone through 4 original inlet hoses, they were all used and all fell apart on me. you might be better off building something more reliable.

Mine broke too. I couldnt find any bits and pieces at Home Depot, or Lowes or any other hardware store so went to the junkyard to try to find a replacement.

Couldnt find one, so luckily Caleb had one and sent it to me.

The easiest fix is to get another stock piece. If you make a custom piece, you will need to plumb everything for the PCV as well.

-Brian

looks like what i used, only reccomendation on that would be to move the rubber hose from direct contact with the turbo. get a stock intake hose if you can find a spare, and put that at the turbo inlet and then get a 2" threaded pipe union thingy to connect the two hoses.

i hope that makes sence to you, it did in my head, but ive only been awake for like 15 minutes now.