Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all

this is my first time posting, but have been researching my car through this site for a couple of weeks-i love it. My 97 Outback has just hit 68K the last 10K i have enjoyed putting on there. So far no many problems factory alarm malfunctioned, rear trunk latch dying out, but mechanically it has been great. According to the posts ive read it sounds like it should have a long life ahead and I really hope so we are driving to Alaska in it this April. OK , to the question. Does anyone know if the 97 legacy have glowing gauges avaliable?

thanks all

J.

no they arent available. i have a set that goes to 140mph, not the standard 120, i think its from a 96. I have the gauges from the 96 apart, and from what i can see is that the differnce is the spedo head. i am hoping that since this is an electronic spedo, and it seems they all use the same Vehical speed sensor, i can just swap out the board and spedo head into mine, and it should all work. Un fortunitly with a herniated disc in my back, i cant do the work, so it will have to wait till spring, or when the @%@## docotrs decide to stop torturing me and decide to fix my back.

i think the vendor that makes these things needed a 97 dash and 20 people to commit to buy them to make them... not sure.

nipper