Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow pics. HP's 05 Xmas tree run.

ezapar

Didn't get a group photo. :( Hopefully one of you other guys with cameras did. :) 12? Soobs in all and a Saturn. ;) Mostly new gen, pretty cool to see the diversity finally and not just old school.

Here's one of Rob mounting one of the mounds in the staging area.

142hp0501.jpg

Me giving it a try and getting high centered. Fun just the same though.

142hp0502.jpg

142hp0503.jpg

142hp0504.jpg

It was a great time. Interesting snow this year. We had a heavy snowfall about two weeks ago and then a warm spell. Then more snow the day before. It resulted a layer of soft ice underneath 4 to 8 inches of wet snow on top. The wet snow would compact real easily and some of the lower cars got high centered very easily just plowing though the deep stuff. We finally got our trees near the end of a long day.

It was very kewl! Had a blast cruising around with Erik in his WRX wagon.....let it spool and get sideways.....the snow flies(blizzaks+soobie= fun)!!! We got up to 50mph a couple of times...!

I do have a ton of shots to post soon including a group shot cruising up hwy 410 and at the gravel pit.

I will be up there next year with my outback! It's almost done ...getting painted! I should be on the road by Tuesday!

looks like you guys had a blast, lots of snow up there. wanted to come up and join you guys, would have been my first hatchpatrol event but had to work, i always have to work on saturdays, it sucks. to bad you guys didn't do it today (sunday). maybe next time. man i need to go up in the snow. sorry for whinning to you guys, lol.

Ugh... I'm going next year!!! that looks like SO much fun...

i just gotta wait for my snow driving "lessons"...(its pretty much, i drive up to whistler in front of my dad... a bunch of times... in the snow... then i can get up to kamloops and get my rx stuff! :D)

looks like a blast! great pics everybody!

let me know when you get the video, i think you got some of me. and i would like to see whatever you have.

We had a ton of fun meeting everyone and playing in the snow. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to catch everyone's names.

I posted my pictures in the gallery.

12829IMGP2393-thumb.jpg

I also shot a little video, but it'll probably be a couple days before I get a chance to download it, compress it, etc.

Just a comment for the east coasters (I was one until 1988....I grew up in northern NJ), what the pictures don't typically show is that sections of these roads are less than 10 feet from a significant drop off of 500 to 1000 feet straight down.....and there is no armco barrier anywhere; you go too close to the edge and there's nothing to stop you. I'm not sure of the exact elevation but I know from past trips that we're typically 5500 feet above sea level.