Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow pics. HP's 05 Xmas tree run.

ezapar

subie94Quote:

Originally Posted by northguy

You guys have too much fun.

isn't that part of owning a subaru

5.gif

holy crap... freaky... right as i looked at that guy "mc hammer-can't touch this" came on... (shhh i got it as a joke... just so happen to find its way into my playlist...)

he's dancing in perfect sync!!! RUN!!

sorry for the hyjack...

Ahh, maaan, soooo disappointed I missed it. The GL-10 T-wagon is in for paint, and was supposed to be done last wednesday. Of course it wasn't. My truck is in for some tranny service, and we weren't about to take the fiancee's Honda. Would not have been good. Glad you guys had fun!

Blake

holy crap... freaky... right as i looked at that guy "mc hammer-can't touch this" came on... (shhh i got it as a joke... just so happen to find its way into my playlist...)

he's dancing in perfect sync!!! RUN!!

sorry for the hyjack...

Just a little heads up to the folks with lifted rigs in Wa. State.

I had a County Mounty stop me during the X-Mas Tree run on Sat. and he informed me my car was quite illegal to run on the hiways :eek: For one, he said the lift was only supposed to be 3in, per the GVW of the car - stock.

2nd, he said the bumper was to high. Its not supposed to be above 26in. He informed me I could be sued if I was in a accident even if it wasnt my fault.

3rd, he said that the fenders have to be within 15deg from the center of the hub, in hiegth.

4th, he said the tire offset was a tad out of line. Like about 4in+.

5th, he said I needed mudflaps. I agreed with him there (I have one in the back of the car, just needs to be cut to fit)

He had a little pamplet with him, but I didnt get a chance to look the whole thing over. But it did have the WAC codes, so I should be able to look them up on line to double check everything. He told me I need to trailer it for now on, but have fun today :rolleyes:

He also told me a couple times that there was enough to give me a $600+ ticket :eek:

Fender flares will help with the tire offset. The mudflaps are no biggie. But the bumper and supposed 15deg offset for the fenders will present a problem. I might have to make a detachable bar for under the bumper/brushguard to bring it down to code. And maybe some kind of flap that hangs down from the fenders where I trimmed.

Just a little heads up to the folks with lifted rigs in Wa. State.

I had a County Mounty stop me during the X-Mas Tree run on Sat. and he informed me my car was quite illegal to run on the hiways :eek: For one, he said the lift was only supposed to be 3in, per the GVW of the car - stock.

2nd, he said the bumper was to high. Its not supposed to be above 26in. He informed me I could be sued if I was in a accident even if it wasnt my fault.

3rd, he said that the fenders have to be within 15deg from the center of the hub, in hiegth.

4th, he said the tire offset was a tad out of line. Like about 4in+.

5th, he said I needed mudflaps. I agreed with him there (I have one in the back of the car, just needs to be cut to fit)

He had a little pamplet with him, but I didnt get a chance to look the whole thing over. But it did have the WAC codes, so I should be able to look them up on line to double check everything. He told me I need to trailer it for now on, but have fun today :rolleyes:

He also told me a couple times that there was enough to give me a $600+ ticket :eek:

Fender flares will help with the tire offset. The mudflaps are no biggie. But the bumper and supposed 15deg offset for the fenders will present a problem. I might have to make a detachable bar for under the bumper/brushguard to bring it down to code. And maybe some kind of flap that hangs down from the fenders where I trimmed.

i seriously don't understand some of thoes rules... basicaly sais dont' have fun:confused: glad to hear you got off and the outing was fun.

Definitely double-check it all. If you find out he has interpreted things wrong, or is mistaken at all, be sure to print out a copy of the regs, or get the pamphlet yourself and keep it in your car.

I've noticed the state troopers in WA and OR to be a little more anal than either the city cops or the RCMP up here. Case in point: I had a bad connection on my LR tail light for about a year. Drove past several of the local authorities during that time, even drove in front of a few. Then I go to Oregon and get pulled over by the frist one I see.

I've driven the Hatch around town here and once up to Rieter Pit, about 125mi round trip. Not once have any local Cops or other City/County/State Cops even give me a second look. This was a Pierce Co. Sheriff that was doing double duty as a Forestry Cop. It was his job to keep an eye on the snowmobilers and such. I knew I needed mudflaps and fender flares, but the other violations were all news to me. I'm still trying to find the Regs on line, but I'm not having much luck. I might have to stop in at a State Police Station to see if they have that pamplet.