Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who's done the redneck carrier bearing support EA82 wagons??

Whatever works to keep it on the road. I once ran into a rainstorm on a trip from S. California to Salt Lake. It started to run rough, so when I pulled into a gas station in southern Utah, I pulled the cap off the distributor to see if it was wet in there, and promptly lost the center button on a Sunday night (no open auto parts stores). I looked around, and I had a roll of Mentos in my car. I took the foil wrapper and made a new center button. It worked well enough that I didn't get around to replacing it for about two weeks.:grin:

Whatever works to keep it on the road. I once ran into a rainstorm on a trip from S. California to Salt Lake. It started to run rough, so when I pulled into a gas station in southern Utah, I pulled the cap off the distributor to see if it was wet in there, and promptly lost the center button on a Sunday night (no open auto parts stores). I looked around, and I had a roll of Mentos in my car. I took the foil wrapper and made a new center button. It worked well enough that I didn't get around to replacing it for about two weeks.:grin:

Am I the only one that thinks that would make a great Mentos commercial? Complete with the song and everything. :lol:

"Nothing gets to you, staying fresh staying cool."

Am I the only one that thinks that would make a great Mentos commercial? Complete with the song and everything. :lol:

"Nothing gets to you, staying fresh staying cool."

OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only person to think that.....I can totally see it now.... :lol: What a great mental picure!