Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

missed the X-mas tree run.. but had some fun of my own.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

WEll like i said in the other post i missed the tree run becuase of car issues.. it was just a bad bad day really. any way on my drive back over snoqualmie pass i took the exit by Lake Kachess and went up exploring some snow coverd roads. After driveing a few miles i saw a turnoff and it had a stop sign so i figured it was ok to drive on.. no signs saying i couldn't.

Posted Image

after some driving i came to find i seemd to be on a snowmobile trail.

Posted Image

the snow wasn't more than a foot deep but as i got higher up the snow got softer.. and i had to keep my foot down on the gas. if i stoped like in the pic above i got stuck.. i couldn't get going after i stoped ther. so i had to take out the chains..yes a subaru with chains.. but i was determined to go further.

Posted Image

another shot.

so i kept going
Posted Image

and finaly got stuck and coudn't keep going... i let off the gas and was unable to keep going... i dug in down to the dirt. if i kept my speed up i could have went futher... i was hopping to come across a few people on sleds.. would have been funny. so i took a pic and and got a good shot of the lake.

Posted Image

and the lake pic.. wish i could have gone higher

Posted Image

would have been a cool and challanging drive... even more fun with a few other subarus:brow:

#2 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

looks like fun, i found a tiny bit of snow today, wish i could find more pretty close to were i live...

#3 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:17 AM

Looks like fun! Let me know next time you feel like coming up - I live about half the week at Alpental, just off exit 53. There's some great roads up there!

#4 n16ht5

n16ht5

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • seattle area

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

where was this!??! that snow looks pretty good... call me when you go up next time!

#5 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:23 PM

where was this!??! that snow looks pretty good... call me when you go up next time!

i took the Lake Kachess exit.. took a left over the highway. cant remember what road it was calld.. long ago my dad and i wet snowmobiling up in that area. i want to check it out again. i was on my way back to Cheney for the last few weeks of school before winter break. if the weather is right we could get a group and head up there . it was a good road.

#6 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

it rained like 8" here today :mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users