Ultimate Subaru Message Board

missed the X-mas tree run.. but had some fun of my own.

PeterD

WEll like i said in the other post i missed the tree run becuase of car issues.. it was just a bad bad day really. any way on my drive back over snoqualmie pass i took the exit by Lake Kachess and went up exploring some snow coverd roads. After driveing a few miles i saw a turnoff and it had a stop sign so i figured it was ok to drive on.. no signs saying i couldn't.

6.jpg

after some driving i came to find i seemd to be on a snowmobile trail.

2.jpg

the snow wasn't more than a foot deep but as i got higher up the snow got softer.. and i had to keep my foot down on the gas. if i stoped like in the pic above i got stuck.. i couldn't get going after i stoped ther. so i had to take out the chains..yes a subaru with chains.. but i was determined to go further.

4.jpg

another shot.

so i kept going

3.jpg

and finaly got stuck and coudn't keep going... i let off the gas and was unable to keep going... i dug in down to the dirt. if i kept my speed up i could have went futher... i was hopping to come across a few people on sleds.. would have been funny. so i took a pic and and got a good shot of the lake.

8.jpg

and the lake pic.. wish i could have gone higher

5.jpg

would have been a cool and challanging drive... even more fun with a few other subarus:brow:

where was this!??! that snow looks pretty good... call me when you go up next time!

i took the Lake Kachess exit.. took a left over the highway. cant remember what road it was calld.. long ago my dad and i wet snowmobiling up in that area. i want to check it out again. i was on my way back to Cheney for the last few weeks of school before winter break. if the weather is right we could get a group and head up there . it was a good road.