Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

wire diagram for radio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 conaway24

conaway24

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Lyons

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

I need help telling what wires are what for my radio.I have a 87 gl wagon.Please Help

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

Here is what my info says the wire colors should be at the radio. Some of the speaker wires change colors at the speaker ends.

Grn=hot at all times, Blu/Yel=power, Blk=ground, Wht/Blk=antenna.

Wht & Blu/Blk= Right Front.
Yel & Blu/Red= Left Front
Yel/Wht & Blu/Red= Left Rear
Wht/Blu & Blu/Blk= Right Rear

Note: The front and rear speakers each share a common lead with their respective sides.

#3 conaway24

conaway24

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Lyons

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

thanks alot glen -
Brian

#4 conaway24

conaway24

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Lyons

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:46 PM

wrong colors

Here is what my info says the wire colors should be at the radio. Some of the speaker wires change colors at the speaker ends.

Grn=hot at all times, Blu/Yel=power, Blk=ground, Wht/Blk=antenna.

Wht & Blu/Blk= Right Front.
Yel & Blu/Red= Left Front
Yel/Wht & Blu/Red= Left Rear
Wht/Blu & Blu/Blk= Right Rear

Note: The front and rear speakers each share a common lead with their respective sides.

#5 Cougar

Cougar

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:45 PM

Ok. What are the colors you have. Maybe I can match those with another print. Also, I assume you looking at the radio plug end, is that correct? If you are trying to install another radio unit they do have wire harness adapters available so you don't have to cut the stock plug off.

#6 conaway24

conaway24

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Lyons

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

Y/BLCK, GRY, WH, Y/WH, G, Y/R, Y, BLCKBLUE, 2 RED, 2 RED /G, YES HARNESS WAS ALREADY CUT WHEN I BOUGHT VEHICLE SO I FIGURED I WOULD USE IT.

bRIAN

#7 Cougar

Cougar

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:39 AM

Well it looks like my info doesn't match what you have for some reason. You still should be able to figure it out though.

Using a meter I would first find the constant power lead for the memory. Then turn on the accessories and find the power lead for the radio and the ground (black probably). Then find the speaker leads by ohmming out the wires. Take one lead and then run through the rest of the wires until you see around a 8 ohm reading. That will be one pair. Then take another lead and do the same thing until you find all the leads.

Edit: Remember, two of the wires should be common to the front and rear speakers on each side. One to the right side and one to the left side.

#8 conaway24

conaway24

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Lyons

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Alot Any Way, I Will Do That
Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users