Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley

Hodaka Rider

It's been a long time, don't remember what the trail was called, but we did a pretty friggin' rocky trail the first time I ever went thru.

142walker1.jpg

This rock slab? The locals called it the "Shark Fin". It put a dent int he gas tank so big that it took a gallon less at the pump. lol Really. No leak though. . .

142walker2.jpg

wow,that pic must have been taken quite a while ago, that rock is alot bigger now. the dirt has been dug/washed out from around it alot more now then the way it is in that pic.

I will have a dig through my photos, I should have one of my jeep on that rock, I kknow the request was for sub pics though.

And I have always run that trail in the other dirrection. Its never hurt my jeep but I know that rock takes out alot of tie rods when you try to go over it in the other dirrection!

Once my gets the next phase of his FJ 142keeper7-thumb.jpg finished, I'm sure I could talk him into folowing me up in my Toy. 142swampers1-thumb.jpg

I'd love to have a guide thru, a place to fix broken stuff afterwards would kick rump roast. (I saw your Meet&Greet post) Who knows? Maybe Qman's Brat 5IMG_0087-thumb.JPG will be back on the (off)road again. :brow:

That was about 5? years ago. We later did the Rubicon in some more heavy duty Soobs. Afterwards we wondered why the Hell we drove 12-1400 miles to 4X when that at Walker trail matched pretty much everything we came across at the Rubicon. Plus there was a lot of mud too, which makes it 10 times as fun. Slippery rocks are funner than grippy rocks in my book.

won't say impossible, but the last time i was up with friends on the express trail it was pretty difficult trail and the new trail they got up there a few years ago is supposed to be even harder. or from what i heard when they opened her up a long while ago. If your going to walker be prepared to break, and get stuck. especially if you are rolling 26" to 28" tires and no gear reduction. but walker is a blast! can't wait to be able to go back up there. it's been years for me.