Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Speed Sensor installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loflo6

loflo6

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • knoxville

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:12 AM

Ok, so thanks to the help of people on here, I know I need to fix the speed sensor on my transmission on my manual transmission 2001 outback.

My question is, is that something I can do myself (assuming I have the help of some car-knowledgable people)? And if so, how do you do it? I have heard from some people that it is as simple as just unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one from the outside of the transmission. Others have said that it might require taking apart and getting inside the transmission. I do not mind taking it to the dealerhsip to egt fixed, but if its reasonably simple I would rather save the money and do it myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, If I take it to get fixed, I may not be able to do so for a couple weeks. Is this something that is doing harm to my car by not fixing it? And will my car eventually break down if it is not fixed soon enough?

Thanks!!!!!!
Laura

#2 ferret

ferret

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • Northern NJ

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

Very Easy, here's a .pdf file. You can do it without removing the center exhaust section as they describe:

#3 bearbalu

bearbalu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:43 PM

Where is the pdf file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users