Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast Vintage Subaru Owners Club

The un-official club.Starting it right here and now.

ANY Subaru built before 1981 would be automatically accepted.

Brats up to 1981 as well.

From here on in it'll be for 25 year old vehicles and older,possible exceptions for Brats of all years since they are a specialty vehicle with collector status already.

The way I see it right now it's me,Andrew,Jon,Mary,Jesse,Charlie(non board member),Scott(wagon78)....who am I forgetting?

That's at least 7 people who are capable of bringing,with help,at least a dozen vehicles to Carlisle.That is if we had all our vehicles running.:)

I have one question for you all.

Do you think we should allow any Subaru over 20 years old instead of 25?

Only because up here it's sort of rare to see anything Japanese over 20 years old still on the road.

Totally un-official,just for fun,no president,treasurer,etc.....just a bunch of enthusiasts,or Subathusiasts.

Think we should start a national club?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cough? Anybody got an older Fuji product than me:brow: . Should have the Rabbit painted by Carlisle as well. Just need a color or colors (originally a tan and metalic crap brown). Check out the link the help with that. Would love a weird but good looking combination from this site if you're a color person (which I'm definately not).

http://www.paintforcars.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=pfc&Category_Code=acrylic_enamel_paint

Can I join???????? I'm originally from PA! I will soon be moving a Gen 1 up there for summer travels.

Todd

Hmmm,I don't know.....were you from east of Rt.81 or west?????:lol:

Sure Todd,what vintage Subaru club on the planet wouldn't want you in it??Hey,best part,because it's you,you're in for FREE.:)

Thanks for the replies everybody.

You're all IN as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think any of you answered my question,but I think some of you unknowingly gave us the answer.....we'll make it any Subaru 20 years old or more.

Ben,watch out,I plan on showing up at Carlisle with a Fudd.:lol:

Awwwww... the pretty red one doesn't qualify?

I worked my butt off in blazing sun, driving rain, mosquitoes, I picked a shopping bag full of mouse nests out of the heater ducts (it has a kick-butt heater, YES!) and removed all kinds of nasties from other places (and upon closer inspection, more to come).... and it's only 19 years old AND IS EVEN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY... IT PASSED EMISSIONS!!

Rats! I have to wait a year??!! It's just not fair, I tell you! As God is my witness it's just not fair... arrrrgh!

Spare us the drama oh queen of Witchville.....I did mention that all Brats should be included,but ah,who reads the small details?:lol:

From here on in it'll be for 25 year old vehicles and older,possible exceptions for Brats of all years since they are a specialty vehicle with collector status already.

OK,let's face it,this is the northeast we're talking about here.I think we should automatically indclude XT's and Loyales named Bucky.RX's and Turbo traction wagons too.

Justys? :-\

Spare us the drama oh queen of Witchville.....I did mention that all Brats should be included,but ah,who reads the small details?:lol:

OK,let's face it,this is the northeast we're talking about here.I think we should automatically indclude XT's and Loyales named Bucky.RX's and Turbo traction wagons too.

Justys? :-\

I did read the fine print... drama is my middle name (actually it's Agnes) Mary Agnes Courtney... excuse me sir, would you like a sip of wine to wash down your communion host? <curtsey>

Anyway... Connie, you and Bucky are IN like Flint! YES! High five! :)

Anyone interested in sharing the site www.vintagesubaru.com

I own that name and I'd like to combine the content from http://m2.aol.com/subaru3 into it. Maybe add the club info!!

I just don't have the time to manage it alone.

Todd

Here's a previous thread on it

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31508

We need a club for ALL the vintage Subaru owners,not just the Northeast,that's for sure.

Todd,you're in,and maybe we should create an internet haven for the vintage Subathusiast.Maybe some of these young folks who are joining us lately can manage to help out.:brow:

Kick it around.

I was hoping that this would inspire a national club or international club as well as getting the small yet growing number of northeast folks together.

People are finally starting to appreciate these cars and it's reflected in eBay sales.I'm lucky because when people see my 78's sturdy front bumper and winch they start to take it seriously.It's real NE vintage.Same for a gen I Brat.Too tough to be laughed at.

I'll do anything I can possibly do to help this get off the the ground...but let me be the first to say that I am in no way computer savy (webpages)...anything else though please say something. I can and will help.

Wagonsonly: You don't have to brag you know... :lol:

Me? Brag? Did you see me mention the convertible...or the GL-10 turbowagons...or the 360s...or the '75 wagon with 60K on it? :lol:

I can do HTML and some stylesheets, but the Gelsoft stuff is beyond me, someone's going to have to get ahold of SubaruJunkie or someone for that