Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spyder intake mainfold

Guest Subaru66

Guest Subaru66

i have come into possesion of the famed Spyder manifold and i was wondering if it could be used on a turbo charged Xt if you made a new output pipe from the turbo into the throttle body

thanx john

Guest wjmgl10

Yes. If your XT is 85-86, you will ahve to convert the wiring harness. If its 87 or better, than it will be easy'er. 87.5 and up had the Spyder already.

Guest wjmgl10

All sypders are 87 and up. The 1985-86 wiring is much different than the 87+

I personally like the 85-86 Turbo better than 87+...but, there are limitations to both...like its no so easy to do the spyder conversion on an 86 turbo car as it would be on an 87 turbo car.

Guest jon61484

question: the spyder intake manifold...

do MPFI/SPFI intake manifolds in general have wiring harnesses? and so it would only make sense that the spyder does?

I'm still learning about fuel injection. thanks.

Guest wjmgl10

from what I can tell, TURBO spyder and TURBO non spyder intakes from 87 and up have the same wiring...as well as the non TURBO spyders and non spyders.

in 1987, the wiring systems changed.

SPFI systems appear to be unchaged from 1987 on, and appear to be not very similar to the MPFI and TURBOs of the time.

I have seen a few 1986's with SPFI, I did not pay close attention to the wiring system tho.