Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley NW WA anyone? maybe the first outing in 2006

now that Northfork is closed:( :( we need a new spot to play , I would like to check out Walker Valley near Mt. Vernon WA , understand its a area were you would need a lift and tires, would like to go out maybe after the new year , whos up to it? , would be good to have a winch along and some experiance , maybe theres a few thats been up before , maybe even a Jeep or a Truck , it should be fun. :) SJR

I'll be good to go thats like 8 miles away from my house. I'll be down to go, it'll have to be a Saturday or Sunday. And get ready last time I was up there was last summer and the new "Jeep trail" had just been put in. It was all clear cut and dirt so I think it'll be real pain.

Jeff

Tell me more about Walker Valley. Is it really open to vehicles? What's it like? What kind of offroad conditions does it have. I hope to be buying a Soob in the next couple weeks and could possibly have it lifted and new tires on it by first week in Jan.

Rollie

Tell me more about Walker Valley. Is it really open to vehicles? What's it like? What kind of offroad conditions does it have. I hope to be buying a Soob in the next couple weeks and could possibly have it lifted and new tires on it by first week in Jan.

Rollie

Rollie try this

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/maps/pdf/walk_both.pdf

its a DNR ORV park , Ive never been there , heard lots about it

I would love to tag along with a pack of subarus on a run through walker valley! I dont currently have a subaru I would even consider running throgh there though so I would be going in my CJ5.

just a heads up though, there have been some changes made to walker this last year, some trails closed and some new ones opened, I havent been there since the changes so I dont know what all they are for sure. Also, walker valley orv park is closed from Nov 1 through march 31 each winter to preserv the trails and streams from mud run off.

I have been trying to find a current trail map of walker but have not been able to yet, I f I come up with anything I will post it here somewhere.

[/url] walker valley winter closure info

I would love to tag along with a pack of subarus on a run through walker valley! I dont currently have a subaru I would even consider running throgh there though so I would be going in my CJ5.

just a heads up though, there have been some changes made to walker this last year, some trails closed and some new ones opened, I havent been there since the changes so I dont know what all they are for sure. Also, walker valley orv park is closed from Nov 1 through march 31 each winter to preserv the trails and streams from mud run off.

I have been trying to find a current trail map of walker but have not been able to yet, I f I come up with anything I will post it here somewhere.

winter closure info for walker valley orv park

this is some good info,. may be closed .... huuummmm

Ohh..

So what I'm hearing is that not only has the North Fork been recently closed down, but Walker Valley is closed during the winter. Looks like we need to find some other place to go that are close to Whatcom County.

My front yard is getting a little too muddy :rolleyes: for much more offroad driving and I would sure like to send those pesky Soobs to some place a little nicer :burnout: :burnout:

Rollie.

(I'm still lookin to buy a nice EA82. I'm hoping to have the cash in the next week or so.) :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to have my Soob ready by then.

'88 GL Wagon

New engine should be here this week.

New 27" SSR's hopefully here next week.

6" SJR lift already installed.

Need to fabricate some bumpers or at least some tow hooks.

No plan for a locker yet.

Body is in good shape, so I'm not looking forward to any carnage. I'm not too sure how difficult of trails I want to subject my car to as I'm still wanting to depend on it for a daily driver.

Maybe if I can get some shop time between work and the holidays, it will be up to the trip by then.

Rollie

I'm hoping to have my Soob ready by then.

'88 GL Wagon

New engine should be here this week.

New 27" SSR's hopefully here next week.

6" SJR lift already installed.

Need to fabricate some bumpers or at least some tow hooks.

No plan for a locker yet.

Body is in good shape, so I'm not looking forward to any carnage. I'm not too sure how difficult of trails I want to subject my car to as I'm still wanting to depend on it for a daily driver.

Maybe if I can get some shop time between work and the holidays, it will be up to the trip by then.

Rollie

Just say it

this is Scotts old ride!!

I'm still in I was thinking of putting a post up for this yesterday, I even talked to andy (uncoolperson) about putting a post up for it. But Yes I'm still in, Jan. 14th looks like a prefect day to do it. I can probably get Brian and his hatch brat to come too.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...