Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How did you mount them? I am thinking about getting a pair on my roof rack (I can mount those just fine) and a set on my front bumper.

I was thinking about mounting some bracket on the hood, so when I open the hood the lights will go up and be out of the way.

Your car looks sweet.

thanks for the compliments.

they come with all of the mounting hardware and wire harnesses for about 70 bones.

i drilled the bumper cover and put them on.

and they should fit the stock holes. they're 6.5 inches, you just need to figure out how to get them to stay there

bolt up to stock wiring?

You dont want to run stock wiring with aftermarket lights (any kind of car). Just wire them up with the wiring that comes with it. I have never done this in a subaru, but its super easy. The hardest parts is finding a hole in the firewall and getting under the dash to pull it through (use a wire hanger with the wire taped to it). Mount the switch, unless there is a write up somewhere on how to connect it to the stock switch.

You should be able to tap into one of the factory fog light wires for the switch. I'll explain how I did it on another car. There is a relay that comes with the aftermarket lights, it has a power, ground, and switch(12v). You power it off the battery/ fuse box, ground it, the tap the switch into the positive factory line. Hence, when you hit the factory switch, it will send power to the aftermarket realy and wa-la. Just need to find out what wire you need. You should mount the relay close to the factory wiring or the power supply. The lights wont work w/ high beams though, unless there is a way to bypass that (there always is)

You dont want to run stock wiring with aftermarket lights (any kind of car). Just wire them up with the wiring that comes with it. I have never done this in a subaru, but its super easy. The hardest parts is finding a hole in the firewall and getting under the dash to pull it through (use a wire hanger with the wire taped to it). Mount the switch, unless there is a write up somewhere on how to connect it to the stock switch.

You should be able to tap into one of the factory fog light wires for the switch. I'll explain how I did it on another car. There is a relay that comes with the aftermarket lights, it has a power, ground, and switch(12v). You power it off the battery/ fuse box, ground it, the tap the switch into the positive factory line. Hence, when you hit the factory switch, it will send power to the aftermarket realy and wa-la. Just need to find out what wire you need. You should mount the relay close to the factory wiring or the power supply. The lights wont work w/ high beams though, unless there is a way to bypass that (there always is)

i actually set mine up to run ONLY when the highbeans are on

sweet, so you can wire it however you want. I personally would want it to work on both. I like fog lights with low beams. my theory is as long as the lights are aimed correctly, there is no such thing as too much light. Speaking of that I had some duech on my rump roast on the way home with his highbeams on(unknowingly). If I didn't like my car so much I would have brake checked him.

I had driving lights in my fog light holes (blazertech 3200). They were super bright and I had to have the left aimed at the ground about 15ft in front of me. I raised the right side slightly. Well actually I aimed both sides on a wall the correct way, then I got flashed by oncoming traffic, so I adjusted the left side down, and all was good. IF YOU GET FLASHED BY ONCOMING TRAFFIC, GO AIM THEM DOWN RIGHT AFTER.

You should only have to splice the factory 12v wire for the switch (if your planning on using the stock switch0

Well this was on a gtp, so its completely different. There was a wing nut in the center back of the light. All you do is twist and it moves it up or down. Ill get the instructions on how to wire them so you get the idea. Its the same idea, just a different car.

Its way easy, dont pay. All you need is crimpers, or plyers with good leverage, and a t-tap. My lights came with the tap. http://www.grandamgt.com/blazerinstall-pfyc.htmlYou can see the wing nut I was talking about in the first pic, wiring stuff starts at #8 ....click on the pic in #8 - the white line is the one that connects to the 12v factory line, which alows you to use the factory switch

If you have to fab up something to mount them (drilling, cutting metal, etc...) you might want to have it done. I would give it a go first though, if its not too hard to do then go for it. You should be able to get away just using a power drill.

can i put the "driving lights" in the fog light holes, or would that blind other drivers? did u have to do any kind of splicing, soldering, or cutting when intalling your hella 500's?

i have the driving lights which is why i hooked them up WITH the high beams.

they're VERY bright and they project perfect little light circles. they come with the covers for them.

if the fogs fit in the holes, the drivers will too. but you'd be a @$$ to drive with them on as cars pass. if you want to do that then get the fogs.

the hella 500 fogs are actually at option on the benz SUV

how do u aim them? move the whole lamp or can u aim the bulb?

the lamp assembly sit on a 4 point pivot hinge. up, down, left, and right.

no no no no no. on the hellas there's no wing nut. it's a allen key.

if you use the wiring provided, there are directions. it can get trickey, but it's not OVERLY complicated. you might need some help. if which case give me a PM, email, or hell, give me a call (412)559-1220 and i'll walk you through how mine's set up.

if you use the car's wiring....you're on your own.