Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adapter Plate Prices.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TurboXT

TurboXT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Lakewood

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

Hi guys, I was just wondering what the cheapest EA to EJ adapter plate is. I see allied armament has them on the group buy for $175 each, is there anywhere I can get them for less?

Thanks

Rick

#2 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

88hatchmonster makes the plates for AA, and sells them himself for the same price. So far, those are the only two places to buy one from, so if you want to do it cheaper, you gotta do it yourself. I just bought one from 88hatchmonster, because I don't have the time to screw around making my own.

#3 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

Turbo xt did you get my pm. You don't need to hunt for cheaper prices.

#4 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

I cut mine on a borrowed scroll saw and it cost me about $75 total. In the non-event that I were going to sell them, I'd want at least $150 for the time it takes. If you're suspicious of the money being well spent, I'd say that $175 is a fair price for a plate.

#5 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:19 AM

i have to agree with baccaruda, it is worth the price. i value my personal time so if i didnt have to jump through all those hoops that i had to, to get my adapter plate, i would buy one. you know what they say, hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. if you can get one made from steel.

~Josh~

#6 TurboXT

TurboXT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Lakewood

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:48 AM

Ah, I see, Shady: got your PM, and replied.

It looks like I won't be doing the conversion for a while, mainly cause of money, and my need for a turbo on my EA81, I think I might do the swap still, just don't think it will be for a while.

Thanks though, looks like allied armament would be the best place to buy from though.

Rick

#7 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:04 PM

nnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo
why?
come on come on
hey rick if you see this give me a call