Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Job op in Salem OR

Moderator, please delete duplicate post in Off Topic forum. I posted here too because I can't wait for delayed posting in Off Topic (no disrespect, job offer requires timely submission.)

Hello All,

I have a remote opportunity for a job transfer to Salem.

I like the 100-degree desert a little more than the 20-degree mountain, unless I'm skiing.

Aside from the pure beauty and being able to join the Hatch Patrol :drunk: - what am I in for? the good? the bad?

thanks in advance, PK.

Well, for one thing you'll have some ham-handed highschool dropout scratching your fender and pouring excess gas all over the side of your pristine Subaru.

"Fueling technician."

:lol: When I was up for Hood River, and needed to fill up, I unknowingly got out, swiped card, and began fueling - at least 1/3 full before technician came running out to stop me..... now if he'd only do my windows...

Ive never lived there. I would love to tho. Dunno whats worse tho, smart rump roast californian's or dumb rump roast oregonians (no disrespect to the Oregonians we have here).

Most of the dumb rump roast Oregonians are former smart-rump roast Californians.

Salem is nice, 80-90 in the summer, and typically not much colder than 40 in the winter except for maybe a few weeks.

Most of the dumb rump roast Oregonians are former smart-rump roast Californians.

That fits for Washington as well!! :-p

Come north man. For cry from the mildness that is SD but you'll adapt and love it all the same. Besides, you'll need someone to wheel with when the Brat is done!!

Pro's

Lots of Subarus.

Closer to WCSS.

No sales tax

Easier smog standards (if any... I think you have em in salem)

Cooler weather (its not THAT cold... my baja said it only got down to like 37 this morning I think.

You can actually commute without using the freeway if you want to.

Cheaper gas AND a high school educated kid (if that) pumps it for you. (Just make sure to hop out and make sure they clicked the cap on tight.)

Job opportunity

If you like beer, we have ALOT of microbrews up here. If you dont.... you will make alot of friends by being the DD :lol:

Con's

State income tax

Portland is better than Salem :brow: (more u - pull - its up here in portland)

Cooler weather (if you dont like it)

The morons at the gas station rarely seem to tighten my gas cap enough.

Hmmm more pro's... better move up here :drunk:

Live in Vancouver, work and shop in Portland.

-You can pump your own gas

- no state income tax

- low property taxes

- no sales tax if ya buy in Oregon

- No sales tax in Washington if you haev an Oregon ID, on anything but like, fast food

basically it's all the good things about Oregon, but w.out the gas pump morons and income tax :-P

That fits for Washington as well!! :-p

Man I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read Hondasucks' post, and then saw that Ken made that post that I was going to make. Yea, come on up, I know a good doctor where you can get the webs put in between your fingers and toes. :lol:

The Good: Its not California.

The Bad: Its Oregon :lol:

Ive never lived there. I would love to tho. Dunno whats worse tho, smart rump roast californian's or dumb rump roast oregonians (no disrespect to the Oregonians we have here).

-Brian

So what about smart rump roast Californians who used to be dumb rump roast Alaskans? lol j/k Had to say it.

I think you're better off as far away from Salem as possible. :lol:

"... whadayamena I didn't qualify?"

*(&^%$#@#!

That's okay - Oregon only has six-character license plate anyway - OZIFIED won't fit.

I haven't looked WA because I'd have to work a deal or buy Zap's Imp. :grin:

For now, I'll remain a smart dumb rump roast :cool: