Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone runnin' the 15" Pug flat spokes?

Anyone have pics of their wagon or sedan with the 15" Pug flat spokes on them?

Hopefully I will have some within a week, so I want to see what it might look like. Also, if you included tire size, that would be awesome.

I am looking to run 205/55/15s or smaller on my set. From what I've heard, there shouldn't be any fitment issues on my unlifted Loyale. Besides speedo being off and maybe a little decrease in MPG, anything else I should look for? decreased sidewall pressure? anything that would make them unsafe? TIA

Thanks Brian, I got a full set waitin' for me when I pick up the wheels. I was looking at 205/55 15s but now I am leaning more towards the 195/60 15's because they are a little smaller and I know of a couple of people who have run the same diameter tire with no problems (24.2") . Also, some really nice snow tires available in 195/60s which is what I am looking for.

185/65 r 15 http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Winterforce&tireModel=M%2BS&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=865SR5WFORCE&fromCompare1=yes&place=6

they work good, no issues of clearance when unloaded, and speedometer is accurate

they do just fine on the snowmobile trails with the 3" of light powdery snow

another 3" is coming, so more :burnout:

haven't had any issues forward or reverse up and down hills in the d/r RX :banana:

post-1818-136027605069_thumb.jpg

post-1818-136027605075_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is a wicked sweet wagon Russ. I love that black. I can't wait to get my 15s. I was looking at those tires earlier Subie, and I really liked em especially the price.

The only other thing I am worried about is the amount the tires will stick out from under the fender. Tires in Maine are supposed to be flush with the fenders. I doubt mine will, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Russ - Do you have any more pic.s of those wheels on your subaru? I am getting the same alloys and am wondering what the backspacing looks like. I really want to see a shot along the sid of the car w/ the wheels in clear view to see the overhang - it looks pretty good.

Agreed, your wagon looks awesome! Is it a turbo? If not no biggie, still a SWEET GL10! Where did you get your front bumper?

Did you paint the wheels yourself? If so/if not what paint was used? Yes please, definitely post more pics for our viewing pleasure. :brow: I'll do the same with my GL10T stabbin' wagon soon. Restore almost complete. :grin:

I will try to get a better shot tomarow of the wheels.

they dont stick out past the fender though.

• 2 weeks later...
:eek: i have the exact same wheels with the exact same paint job!

well maybe not the exact same quality paint job... those look really good

Can either of you guys shoot a couple of pics to display the wheel offset? From the pics I've seen (never checked it in person) it looks like the wheels have a good bit more offset than most other 4-lugs.

I don't have a picture to show you, but I was looking at two pugs side by side today, and it looks like both styles of 15" alloys are exactly the same width and offset. So if anyone else can show you what the more common rally spokes look like on their car, then it should be the same information.

And by the way, for those in NW Wa, Beacon Battery in Custer has 3 of the 15" flat spokes for $20 each. They had 1 rally spoke, but I bought it.

Rollie

Can either of you guys shoot a couple of pics to display the wheel offset? From the pics I've seen (never checked it in person) it looks like the wheels have a good bit more offset than most other 4-lugs.

sorry I have been meaning to get another pic for you but have been busy.

after looking closely yes they do stick out past the fenders by a little bit in the front.

I just picked up a set(5) of these mags from a wreckers for $100 Australian ($74 US) They need abit of a clean up but once I had seen some of the photos of other cars on here with them I just knew I had to buy them.

once I get them cleaned up I will post a photo. They are to go on my 89 Brumby(Brat). I wonder what they would look like as black on a white car?

Well dont I feel stupid they are 390mm not the 15 inch ones. If only I had a bit better read of these forums. I didnt even know they made a wheel in Metric measurements. I am trying to see if I can get my money back for these.
Metric measurements should be outlawed. Sorry to hear you got stuck with the fabled 390's - do they look just like these 15" flat spokes? What's the cost of tires for 390's like?

Yeah they look like the 15's that why I brought them. I had been on here looking at the different wheels that I might fit on to my Brumby and I saw thses type ones I just didnt know about the Inch and metric thing.

I rang a few tyre places and they said not much chance of getting the metric tyres and if I did find some to expect to pay Aus $300-400 per tyre.

WTF??? Metric wheels? I had no idea they even done that. You sure they wont fit 15" tyres? I have never heard of such madness before. As for outlawing the metric stuff, I think thats stupid. Its heaps easier to understand metric then imperial. But theres a standard out there, so why can't we stick with it. Even though tyres like 215/75R14's (215mm by 75% on 14 inch rims) is totaly stupid, I still think the system is working ok. Those black alloy pug's look pertty cool. Any idea what model pugs they came off of?

Well mine is a "historic" scoob, so its a little different, but I have the 15"s + 205/55/15's:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166896604/458793324uMyRNS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166896604/458792973jibXAC

nice. that thing is really coming together. not manny OLD school subes on pugs.

dump the fram though.