Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The computer is located in the passenger's side footwell, on the far right (as if you were sitting in the seat) side, behind some plastic trim and a metal support of some sort. When I installed the factory cruise control in my 96 Leg, it was an absoulte PAIN IN THE A$$ to get in, mainly because of the metal bar in the way, so if you have them, take cutting tools. The computer is in a small metal case, about 4" x 4" x 1". In the later models (like my 98 and my dad's 99 legacies) they moved them to the driver's side, directly under the steering column, so if you are jumping years (putting this computer on a 98, for example), you will not put it back where you got it from.

• 4 weeks later...
The computer is located in the passenger's side footwell, on the far right (as if you were sitting in the seat) side, behind some plastic trim and a metal support of some sort. When I installed the factory cruise control in my 96 Leg, it was an absoulte PAIN IN THE A$$ to get in, mainly because of the metal bar in the way, so if you have them, take cutting tools. The computer is in a small metal case, about 4" x 4" x 1". In the later models (like my 98 and my dad's 99 legacies) they moved them to the driver's side, directly under the steering column, so if you are jumping years (putting this computer on a 98, for example), you will not put it back where you got it from.

I found where the cruise control module goes however I have not found the 20 pin plug that goes into it. Where did they hide it. Is it tucked away in the center console area. I did pull the lower plastic foot trim that holds the carpet down and found a bunch of plugs (already connected) but not the cruise plug?

The plug must be in the footwell area, taped to one of the harnesses. What makes it hard to find is that it's covered with tape. Remove the cover below the steering wheel if you haven't done so, and use a good light.