Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast Meet - 9-13-03 in Beaver Springs, Pa - Sticky??

Guest Dennis

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to win that $$$:D Just not sure if the SVX or XT6 will give me the better chance. I think the SVX is faster 1/4 mile but the XT is faster to 60 but thats just my thoughts. Anyone wanna meet me and take the other car so I can find out? Oh yeah, is anyone planning on bringing a legal helmet? Mine isn't Snell approved.

Originally posted by Hocrest

I don't have a helmet, but I won't be close to breaking 14 seconds.

Where do you wana race?

I thought if you broke 14 seconds you needed a cage. Helmets are usually mandatory for everyone who goes down the track. Too bad there isn't a Subaru truck catagory.:brow:

From the website;

http://www.wandlsubaru.com/en_US/f_MiscPage_3.chtml

Safety-Snell 95 approved helmet for all Subarus running 13.99 or quicker. Please do not forget your helmet! It's a total pain when you have to run around asking everyone if you can borrow theirs!

All Subarus running 11.49 and quicker must have a roll cage or you can plan on making only one run for the entire day.

Did you use to live in ne pa? I see gary & jeff all the time, I'll tell them you said hi. I hope to make it to the shootout, the other day my turbo started screaming during positive boost, now I'm scouring the junk yards for a turbo. My only snag is, my turbo is the original "oil cooled only" & I don't know what the setup was like for addition of water on an ea81t? Subaru said the plumbing upgrade is no longer available. If anyone could sell me plumbing setup or a good oil cooled only turbo or send me pictures of setup, I am in desperate need, the shootout is only 11 days away. My car still has good power, its just embarassing.

No I won't make it to PA for this. I used to live near there (Bloomsburg area). I will try to make it to PB though. For those of us on the east coast, here's a thought. I had mentioned this once or twice before (Same time I thought up meeting at Carlisle) but just keep it in the back of your minds. Every year in Bloomsburg, PA they have the 4 wheel and offroad jamboree summer nationals (Gets big magazine attention). I personally wanted to lift my BRAT and have a nice paint job etc to bring to this to cruise around. I think it would be great for anyone with a lifted sube just to turn some heads, make people wonder, plus you get to see the nicest of the nicest trucks, competitions, party, see naked chicks etc..... I believe it's in June. We already missed this year but maybe next year. What do you guys think???? Boz

Not sure aboout in Philly, but I know a couple of places to join together once you guys get to Harrisburg.

I figure some other directions will lead through there also;

-Is Steve coming from WV?

-Others from down south, are you coming up that morning or the night before.

Paul, I'm sure Dennis wouldn't mind letting your kid hang out in his car while you race...

Let me know about meeting. Harrisburg sounds fine w/ me to that way Dave and I can meet up with everyone.

Dennis for some stupid reason I can't get the XT6.org to let me post so congrats on the new wedge. Mine will still kick your butt in a race:banana: .l Anyway there's an XT6 up at Harry's that has a panel or did a couple weeks ago. I'm going up there the day after the drag race. I can pick it up if you want.

Back to cleaning the SVXs carpets.

Ben,

I thought I saw you and your SVX yesterday in Harrisburg, but when I pulled up along side I saw that it was dirty, and knew it wasn't you.

I did take your advice and cleaned my engine compartment. I'll show it off next week, unless I get something else to bring to the races...

I won't make it but I want to make a recommendation for a place to eat if you all go out together. The Country Cupboard. That place has great food and the price is reasonable. (I haven't been there in years) but I am sure nothing's changed. Then just south of there, same road, there's a guy who sells old mopars across from the flea market. (For those who may be interested) Boz