Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just got in from the garage where I sucessfully fixed my HVAC lights on my 97 OBW. I've had this car since March and I didn't know they were even supposed to be lit until I started reading some threads here. (The lights I'm referring to are the lights behind the fan knob, heating slider and the row of buttons that make the air come out in different places.)

I ordered the parts on Sunday from subarugenuineparts.com and they arrived today. I followed the instructions given here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=91

The only thing I did differently was, as mentioned in one of the replies to the thread above, disconnected the heating slider at the heat unit in the passenger side footwell. If you do that, there's no fooling with circlips or anything. Just pop out the cable and slide it over the white plastic post. It's just as easy to replace too.

I replaced all four bulbs mentioned in the thread. The fourth one was for the hazard light button. When I started the car and hit the headlights, the dash came alive for the first time in a long time.

This is a very easy fix, anyone can do this. This is the first time I took apart anything on this car, and I did it in about an hour and a half. This was also the first time I took apart anything on a car and had everything go back exactly the way it was and look and function just like it did before too.

Reid

I just got in from the garage where I sucessfully fixed my HVAC lights on my 97 OBW. I've had this car since March and I didn't know they were even supposed to be lit until I started reading some threads here. (The lights I'm referring to are the lights behind the fan knob, heating slider and the row of buttons that make the air come out in different places.)

I ordered the parts on Sunday from subarugenuineparts.com and they arrived today. I followed the instructions given here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=91

The only thing I did differently was, as mentioned in one of the replies to the thread above, disconnected the heating slider at the heat unit in the passenger side footwell. If you do that, there's no fooling with circlips or anything. Just pop out the cable and slide it over the white plastic post. It's just as easy to replace too.

I replaced all four bulbs mentioned in the thread. The fourth one was for the hazard light button. When I started the car and hit the headlights, the dash came alive for the first time in a long time.

This is a very easy fix, anyone can do this. This is the first time I took apart anything on this car, and I did it in about an hour and a half. This was also the first time I took apart anything on a car and had everything go back exactly the way it was and look and function just like it did before too.

Reid

Good job. I need to do this when the weather warms again.

Any ideas on the light for the clock/radio stations??