Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'Dual Citizenship'!, Montana and Washington.

Well, we done it. The Pretty One and I are proud owners (along with our daughter and son-in-law) of ten view acres and a house/shop/studio in Port Ludlow, WA. I guess that's makes us penninsulites.

The property is divided into six lots, and we will probably do a boundary line adjustment and then build a retirement mainland home base on one combined lot.

Not condusive to off roading, however.

We'll be out for a short Christmas visit, but prolly won't have any time for FtF'es. Maybe next summer, when we fly out (if I get the dang airplane finished) for the EAA Arlington Fly-In.

Anyhow, we're all as excited as kids on Christmas morning to start looking at the land configuration and start designing a new house.

What type of airplane? I am an A&P mechanic so I also love airplanes.

DAL-1, Spezio Sport, also called the 'TuHoler'

http://www.pilotfriend.com/experimental/9/spezio.htm

Mine is slightly different, the builder eliminated the razorback turtledeck, it has a tendancy to blank the rudder in a slip. I have a drop headrest and a vertical fin like a Ryan STA.

Power on my machine is a Lyc 0290D. I am in process of doing some rebuild and upgrade work, as my ship is twenty-five years old, but since it came from Tucson, AZ, and was always hangared, it's in good shape.

I'm redoing the gear, adding electrics, repainting and shifting the W&B aft (mostly by eliminating the metal prop and getting a wood one).

Know anyone who needs a perfect Sensenich 72/58? It's been inspected and yellow tagged, and they can have it certified repainted, or mirror polished and back only painted.

Sounds like a fun project.At the time I don't know anyone who needs a prop but I will keep it in mind.I as well like the wooden prop better.Some say they prefer it for open pit airplanes.(sounds a little different) One kit plane I have wanted to build for some time is a down scaled version: Slepcev Storch. STOL aircraft capable of taking off in 50-60ft.Would be the ultimate bush flying aircraft.I wanted to build it with the subaru EA81 engine.

Slepcev Storch. STOL aircraft capable of taking off in 50-60ft.Would be the ultimate bush flying aircraft.I wanted to build it with the subaru EA81 engine.

The new EAA Sport Aviation mag has a listing of several of the LSA qualified sport planes, and ther are now a number of Storch derivitives, not just Slepcev's.

I agree, that would be a fun plane, especially painted up likeField Marshall Rommel's ship.

My next (especially if we move to WA) is an EA-8T powered SeaRey. I would also like to build an Erkanoplan for the sound, whoo-hoo, 100 mph, ten feet off the water, and it's registered as a BOAT!