Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best lifts????

iteamsubaru

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24980

This topic is located at the top of the page(stickied)

typically, I would agree with you there...but the sticky doesn't have the info he's looking for. it doesn't even have SJR as an option! (www.sjrlift.com)

iteamsubaru: they're all pretty comparable, just look around, and see what you want. Ozified and AA both offer 3 & 4" kits, and SJR offers 3 1/2" and 6". The SJR design is a bit more difficult to install (cutting/welding required), and frankly, the cast aluminum scares me, although SJR himself has used his wagon like mad with no problems....AA has a group buy going on right now, so that might be your cheapest/easiest/fastest route, although there's nothing wrong with an ozified kit either.

There isn't much difference, essentially just price and availability. I've 'worked' with all three companies to some extent. And as I've said before, if PK of ozified had been as easy to contact as AA or SJR, my wagon would've been BYB lifted before AA even came on the market....I don't want to knock PK, but it's the truth, and I know other people have had the same issue.

There's also the Mudrat79 route, but just check either of the stickies in the old gen forum 'calling john bloom' or similar to see about his business habits

There's a reason I'm running an AA lift, and I love the thing!

typically, I would agree with you there...but the sticky doesn't have the info he's looking for. it doesn't even have SJR as an option! (www.sjrlift.com)

iteamsubaru: they're all pretty comparable, just look around, and see what you want. Ozified and AA both offer 3 & 4" kits, and SJR offers 3 1/2" and 6". The SJR design is a bit more difficult to install (cutting/welding required), and frankly, the cast aluminum scares me, although SJR himself has used his wagon like mad with no problems....AA has a group buy going on right now, so that might be your cheapest/easiest/fastest route, although there's nothing wrong with an ozified kit either.

There isn't much difference, essentially just price and availability. I've 'worked' with all three companies to some extent. And as I've said before, if PK of ozified had been as easy to contact as AA or SJR, my wagon would've been BYB lifted before AA even came on the market....I don't want to knock PK, but it's the truth, and I know other people have had the same issue.

There's also the Mudrat79 route, but just check either of the stickies in the old gen forum 'calling john bloom' or similar to see about his business habits

There's a reason I'm running an AA lift, and I love the thing!

"Tis true. Actually, Shady came along at a good time. Life was way too busy for me and I needed a hiatus from kit building. I was somewhat relieved that people were still being supported with kits while I drew down and conversed with the Dolly Llama. :cool: Lift kits can only improve with competition, so the Subaru world benfits. There will be less of the red print above and even more benefits in 2006 - I guarantee ;). r/PK

For me, the choice of which lift to go with came down to price. I practically stole my lift kit from Allied Armament, and am incredibly happy with it's quality.

They've also proven themselves willing to go the extra mile to make their customers happy.

I also have a "homemade" kit on another car, it's really not that hard to do if you can weld.

• 1 month later...
looking for a 4-6in lift where do i go

1st stop posting in every single thread that comes up with lift or offroad

2nd start going back to the other posts and look at the responces there.

We'll help you but were not gonna hold your hand, i've tried to help in at least 2 of your other posts regarding the exact same topic, if you can't follow those simple links, then you are in no shape to install a lift kit

I must also praise PK (Ozified). I am more than satisfied with my 4" kit. I have been driving it daily and pounding it without mercy on the weekends. The only failures I have had were non-lift related.

Not to say that the others are any less, as I have no experience with them.

As far as imediate availibility, consider this: None of these Subie lift suppiers are big companies like Skyjacker, Superlift, etc. They are small operations with a small market. I did not expect to pick up a phone one day and find a kit on my doorstep the next. It's just the price you pay for driving something unique.

Trust me, some things are worth the wait. The looks you get :slobber:when your "grocery getter" climbs a hill or claws it's way through a mud hole that just stopped a Jeep or big truck is priceless.

PK, if you are reading this: Thanks again for helping my Subaru embarass the S#!T out of countless 4X4s in the LA area (Lower Alabama);)

I must also praise PK (Ozified). I am more than satisfied with my 4" kit. I have been driving it daily and pounding it without mercy on the weekends. The only failures I have had were non-lift related.

Not to say that the others are any less, as I have no experience with them.

As far as imediate availibility, consider this: None of these Subie lift suppiers are big companies like Skyjacker, Superlift, etc. They are small operations with a small market. I did not expect to pick up a phone one day and find a kit on my doorstep the next. It's just the price you pay for driving something unique.

Trust me, some things are worth the wait. The looks you get :slobber:when your "grocery getter" climbs a hill or claws it's way through a mud hole that just stopped a Jeep or big truck is priceless.

PK, if you are reading this: Thanks again for helping my Subaru embarass the S#!T out of countless 4X4s in the LA area (Lower Alabama);)

Thanks much! My goal this year is to approach immediate availablility. I am on target to actually put a couple extra kits on the shelf.

But I digress and stop before this thread moves into sales pitches. r/ PK.

Well, all the things I've gotten from AA have been somewhat custom, so they took time, but even so, were very fast. and they were in touch. although just from your posts, PK, I see you're much less busy and easier to get ahold of

BUT, SJR! just go to his site, online ordering....I don't know if it was a coincedince (how on earth do you spell that anyway) or not, but he had it to me in a few days!!

So Far I have been pleased with my AA 4"lift kit http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/

everything bolted up well,,, and the welded one piece strut mounts are sturdy. and the price was best.

just make sure when you decide,, to specify what kind of steering and what kind of transmission you have

ie: ( power , 3/4 rack and pinnon or regular manual steering)