Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CV Joints.. how much can they really take?

Andyjo

So i've got this OBS here with just forester struts in it, stock impreza springs. I'm looking into getting either some OEM forester springs, ORR calling over to AU and ordering myself some nice yellow King Springs, specifically: KSFR-32's, and KDRR-33's, both of these are the 'raised' springs on their catalogue.

So, do yall' think an impreza can pull that sort of angle? or should i just stick w/ OEM subaru springs? I don't mind a stiffer ride, so that's not really an issue, but i was also thinking i didnt' want alot of negitive camber to make up for the large angles...

Thoughts?

i think if you used the forester springs in the forester struts you have now, it would raise you a bit, maybe an inch or two. as far as your axle angles, the rears can take quite a bit of an angle. but if you cut about an inch off of the forester springs, you could make up for a bit of that. and since the forester is heavier than you impreza, the springrate will be higher, making your ride stiffer. just remember to get your alignment checked, not like you would forget anyways.........right.......

~Josh~