Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got myself another wagon!!

Me and Jeremy (Conker) are heading out in a couple hours to pick it up. It's a 92 Loyale 4WD, almost no rust, immaculate inside and out. Has the crappy 3AT though. Has a bit of a whine, may need a new trans. The best part is, the guy only wants $300 for it!!

I'm definitely gonna keep this one for a while, may throw a D/R in it when I have some time. Up around here a rust-free SHELL is worth a grand, let alone a running car! Anyone from this area knows how hard it is to find a rust-free Sube- anything with rust holes smaller than a half dollar usually commands a high price.

Pics up when I get it home!

Actually you can when you live in an apartment and can only afford *so* much car insurance.

I already sold my XT DL to my friend Jeremy, who just joined here today under the name Conker. Once I get the trans issues sorted out on the new wagon, my red wagon is going to another friend. And I'll keep the new wagon and my turbo XT.

hey 86 thats a pretty nice score bro , They both in Driveable condition ? how much Cash you put down for them ?

Steve , MAN i cant wait to see those pics on here , that wagon absolutely OWNS !!! and yeah i can vouch for the fact Subies in the eastern U.S. atleast the Morgantown / PA / MD /NJ /OH area's

Very hard to find one with little or no rust !

you guys have to see the pics of this 92 Loyale Very nice Score!

So.... here's the pics....

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo43

Here's a sample:

100_1150.jpg

You can see various XT's lurking around in the background. :cool:

Got the wagon home from PA without incident. Man, this thing is the coolest running Sube I've ever had! Temp gauge stayed at about 1/4 of the way up.

Checked the drug smuggling compartment and I was nicely surprised... found the factory tool kit, a first aid kit, and a set of tire chains. In one of the cubby holes I found the owner's manual and wallet, plus various warranty and dealer brochures. Folded up inside the wallet... BAM! Original dealer paperwork! Did I mention I got this thing from the original owner? There was also a little notebook in there with a complete service history dating back to 1992!

Tomorrow I'm gonna get to work on the transmission and see what was screaming at me all the way home.Details on that are in the "Whine while driving" thread.