Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Filler Tube Cap

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Reviving an old thread:

When I popped the hood this evening with the car on, I noted that my oil filler cap was rattling. It was on proper, but the gasket has shrunk over the years. Did a quick search and stumbled upon this thread. Any generic alternatives? The SOA p/n is 803935010. Need to get one.

Reviving an old thread:

When I popped the hood this evening with the car on, I noted that my oil filler cap was rattling. It was on proper, but the gasket has shrunk over the years. Did a quick search and stumbled upon this thread. Any generic alternatives? The SOA p/n is 803935010. Need to get one.

Take the cap into a parts store and if they don't find a gasket right away, have them rummage through similar bits. Some manufacturer somewhere, some-when is bound to have made one that will work. I have done this with bulbs and belts with good success, and as long as it's not something designed to fit a specific thing (like a weird shaped manifold or a head) there should be a round piece of rubber that will work for you :)

Or do what I did, and just drive with it until you go to the junkyard next and then hunt for one with a good cap :D

This is interesting...

On my ea81 hatch i was playing around the other day as ive got an issue with very low idle on tickover that comes and goes when the engines hot..

I just happened to remove the oil filler cap and the revs picked up and it idles perfectly...replace it and it goes back to stuttery ......odd

bearing in mind its a uk car so i dont have anywhere near as much of the emissions pipework you guys have,i think its got one if not two tiny little valve things on the breather pipes,possible one of those is blocked?