Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Picking up my 4th gen 1 Brat this year!

I have pics for it in the gallery under Subieguy. It is the white one with the shell on it. And it comes with a bunch of extras. I only posted one pic of the parts but it does come with 3 trannys. One of those is the 5speed out of the 81 Brat. Guy sold the ea-81 that went with the tranny though. Also two other ea-71 motors. Extra fenders too! Best part about that is they are rust free!:grin: . Finally will get my tail light I need too. Will be taking request on this one if anybody needs parts. I am going to part this one just like I did to my last 3 Brats. Let me know if you see anything you want. Thanks, Richard.

Lucky!

I'm beginning to realize I'm not going to get any Gen 1 parts with out difficulty, The only EA-81s I've seen are a few Gen 2 Brats and one wagon......I had to modify a Gen 2 brat clutch cable to work when I broke the aluminum collar on mine. Oh well, nice find! spare parts kick rump roast!

Jon the pushbar is yours. I am going to save the other one for the 79 wagon I am going to pick up next week! Just let me find a box it will fit in and get an idea of what it will cost to ship. We ship Fed Ex at my work and supposedly they give companies a little better rate. Oh yeah it supposedly has blue interior if that makes a difference to anybody.

Yeah Mike I am getting a 79 wagon. I figured you would need some parts for the Brat. Not sure but I figure I will probably keep the wagon. It is in pretty good shape from the pictures I have seen. But I am parting the other Brat I am getting.

Rich, your getting a 79 wagon? thats pretty awesome. I'll give you a call tonite, I actually need like some parts for my wagon and my brat.

-Mike

I am just going off what the guy told me. I am not familar with the 81 Brat setup with the 1800 in it. I know I would like to have it and hopefully it is the correct 4 speed for the 1800. He did not send me pictures of it so I will have to wait till I go get it to tell for sure what it is.

No unfortunately it is not a 4wd. But it is rust free. I will hang on to it until that elusive 4wd wagon comes along. Then I can use it as my parts vehicle if necesary. The brat I am going to get is up in the San francisco bay area. Also, if the transmission that is coming with the Brat is the one for the ea-81 will any ea-81 work with it? I would really like to put that setup in my 78 Brat. Would I need anything else special to make it work in a 78?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I went and picked up the Brat today. One word, ROUGH! It is definetley only a parts Brat. Still, It does have some good parts. I think it was worth the 4 hour drive to get it. It has a blue interior. It has Blue powder coated Jackman wheels that are in pretty good shape. It came with extra fenders and one of the fenders on it might still be good. Still can't find the elusive unbroken left tail light lens:banghead: . Bumpers are both straight but the front one has rust. It has ate the chrome off the bumper but it looks straight. It has 2 Ea-71 engines and 3 transmissions with it. I was told one of these tranny's came from a 81 Brat with the ea-81 engine. If so, How can I tell which transmission is the EA81 tranny?

Yeah Mike you had better come quick. I stripped it today of what I wanted and what I thought might be needed possibly by other members.. It has all the brake stuff on it. I did not touch any of it. The rotors are quite rusty. The Brat had not moved since 1997. Let me know. I think it will only be here for another day and it is off to the junk.

Yeah Jon, I do. Now I have two extras. Sorry I have been real lazy about getting that taken care of. All the free boxes around here got all destroyed in last weeks rain storms. I really need to find a box. The Brat parts are really starting to pile up around here. You would not happen to know where I can find a unbroken LH tail light lens for my Brat would you? If I can not find a box I may just strap it to a pallet and have it shipped that way.