Ultimate Subaru Message Board

78 Brat no start

Hi I'm new to the USMB and not too familiar to Subaru's in general. I have just acquired a 1978 Brat and it will crank but will not start. It seems to not have any spark from the coil. I'm working on getting a coil now but I was just wondering if there were any common problems with the Brat's that would cause this? Any other common problems with these cars? (What should I lookout for?)

The Brats not too bad but it will need two front fender due to damage and a lot of surface rust. It turns over good and only has 60K on it, so I'm confident in it. I dont' have any pictures yet but I'll work on it. It was run about a year ago so it hasn't sat that long.

Welcome aboard. what kind of shape is your brat in? any pics? i too live on the east coast and have a 78 brat. my bet is you just need a coil. how long has it been since it last ran? not much really goes wrong with the ea71s, its a solid motor.