Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok so plan is to buy an 06 Saab 92X forst part of the year.... to my understanding it is a WRX wagon with nothing different other than the grill and saab badge am i corect on that? also what mods can be done cheap and easy that i will notice on this thing to get better mialage and power? im going to be getting the areo one so it will have the 2.0 turbo in her. would puting a STI hood scoop on and a larger blow-off valve help much or what? last turbo i had was a 03 S4 bi-turbo and thats all i did to it was larger dump offs and it made a big change! same way with the subaru?

The 2006 WRXs have a 2.5 liter engine - doesn't the Saab version have the same? The Saab is priced higher than the Subaru and there are more Subaru dealers around to get service, so why get the Saab? Also, don't mess with it - just buy it and enjoy it as is.

The 2006 WRXs have a 2.5 liter engine - doesn't the Saab version have the same? The Saab is priced higher than the Subaru and there are more Subaru dealers around to get service, so why get the Saab? Also, don't mess with it - just buy it and enjoy it as is.

The waranty is covered at any subaru or gm dealer so not worried about that. i also want the saab because there will be a lot less of them! also i like the looks of the fronts of them a lot better the new wrx's are ugly up front! they are not much more money either and i want to do a lil somthin to it nothin to much just love to hear the turbo and feel a lil extra kick in the rump roast!

As long as it has subaru reliability and not saab reliability... My friend almost got one but decided it was too small. If they made a 9-2x sedan...

I believe it says subaru under the hood.

Yeah its all subaru all the way i just contacted the subaru dealership and saab dealer and the saab dealer says when they service them they order the parts from subaru. I have always had good luck with saabs and subarus so why not get a "SABARU" Already have the plate reserved! my main thing is cheap and easy ways to get some extra power and better the cornering and all.

. would puting a STI hood scoop on and a larger blow-off valve help much or what?

No. All throwing on a bov does it make it run and sound like crap.

good subaru resources: scoobymods.com, nasioc.com.

There are lots and lots of things you could buy for it. Anything that fits a wrx will fit the saab.

Some differences I can think of off the top of my head are: different front fascia, slightly more insulation, leather, sunroof, hids available, and, uh, maybe the suspension is slightly softer. I really like the look of the saab 17" wheels.